Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Saratoga Springs-what are your opinions? in the Vacation Planning forums; My husband and I are going this summer for our anniversary. When we take the kids, we always stay at Pop Century and I love it too. But this time, ...
    InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Saratoga Springs-what are your opinions?

My husband and I are going this summer for our anniversary. When we take the kids, we always stay at Pop Century and I love it too. But this time, since it is just the two of us, I want to stay in a place with a little more "adult" atmosphere. What are your thoughts? Pros? Cons? How is the transportation? We will probably fly, so we won't have a car. Thanks!

OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Saratoga Springs-what are your opinions?

My parents are part of the vacation club here. The place is new and beautiful - but it's huge! If you don't have a car, you might want to stay close to the main pool, also known as "The Springs." This is where the bar and food areas are. There is also a pretty decent restaurant located in this building as well. The bad thing about staying in The Springs section is that the busses are always busy in that area, and I think you are the last stop. Also, when checking in - you might have to wait sometime for your room because of ifs popularity. If food and main pool are not important to you, you can usually get a room rather fast in the other areas of the resort. Walking from the other areas of the resort to the main pool can be pain - because it is far. They are constructing a new food area and pool in another area of the resort but i'm not sure when the opening day will be.

As far as rooms - I've had both good and bad experiences. My last trip in January, the housekeeping ladies never changed the bed linens. We ended up finding out that a little kid had an accident on our bed, and it smelled like urine. I called twice to have them come up and change out the linens and mattress. Also, my little niece has found leftover food on the floor as well as hairbands from the last family. I've had instances where I've waiting 1.5 hours for a Magic Kingdom bus. I also have the worse vacation luck in the world - so this probably only happens to me.

Other than that - it's a pretty quiet area. I actually like Wilderness Lodge and Old Key West over Saratoga Springs. I know Saratoga is always offering specials and it's a good deal. The resort is beautiful and very close to Downtown Disney. Good Luck!

Believing in yourself never goes out of style

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Thanks! I'm probably going to think twice! I was seriously considering Wilderness Lodge also so I'll probably go with it. Anybody else?

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

May I also suggest the Carribean Beach Resort. It's a beautiful resort. Like Saratoga Springs it offers an adult atmosphere. The resort however is huge. Get a room In Trinidad South to be near the pool and restaurants. If transportation is what you want then saty in Barbados or Martinique because these are the first stops. All in all I love all of the Disney Resorts so you can't go wrong with any of them.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

bradisgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder

If you want pure adult, with lots of adult things to do, then the Boardwalk, either Inn or Villas, is the place. A lot of entertainment choices and multiple dinning. Plus the ESPN Club for sports entertainment. You are a short walk from Epcot or a boat ride to DHS. The Dolphin and Swan have world class restaurants and bars. You could stay across the lake at the Yacht or Beach Club but there are more families there. The buses to the other parks are no better or worse then SSR but you do share with the other "Epcot" resorts.

I have stayed at SSR, even though it is a beautiful resort, I probably won't stay there again.
    Brad is because he listens/watches the WDWradio newscast on a Sprint EVO in a frontend loader at work. * aka brad49201 on the WDWradio Newscast chat * WDW visit on Honeymoon 8/73 * Off sight - 4/1982 * CBR - 4/1995 * Dixie Landings (now Riverside) - 4/1999 * FW Cabins 4/2000 * DVC Membership ( BWV ) - 4/2000 * VWL - 4/2001 * OKW - 4/2002 * BWV - 4/2003 * BWV - 4/2004 * FW ( in our Fifth Wheel ) - 4/2005 * BWV - 3/2006 then Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise - 3/30/06 then back to BWV - 4/2006 * FW ( in our new MOTORCOACH ) - 4/2007 * BWV & FW - 4/2008 Magical Gathering * SSR - 10/2008 MNSSHP * BCV - 3/2009 * BWV - 11/09 (MVMCP 11-10-09) * Back to FW - 5/2010 & bought BLT * OKW 11/2010 * Second cruise on the Wonder 11/7/10 * MVMCP 11/11/10 * BLT 5/11 * BWV 12/11 * BLT 5/12