Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss All-Stars Movie Resort in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all. First time posting here. First want to say I love these boards and this site in general. My question is, have any of you ever stayed at the ...
    vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

All-Stars Movie Resort

Hello all. First time posting here. First want to say I love these boards and this site in general. My question is, have any of you ever stayed at the All-Stars Movie Resort. I'm going to be staying there from Sept 23-29 and would like to know what it is like. Normally I stay at the higher end resorts every year when I'm there but due to a rough winter and lack of work, I had to downside this year. Which really doesn't bother me since I'm only in the hotel to sleep. I was just wanting to get peoples input on this resort. Thanks all.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: All-Stars Movie Resort

Firstly, welcome to the boards! Hope you have fun here!

We stayed at the ASMo resorts a few years ago and really enjoyed our time there. If you've got kids, especially, they will love the larger-than-life theming - even if you don't have kids, there are lots of super photo-opportunities. Especially around the Toy Story block which has an enormous Wood and Buzz which make for great pictures.

The food court is fairly basic, offering quick-service food. You'll have the usual stuff like pizza, sandwiches, fried chicken, salad, etc. We found the mornings to be a bit on the crazy side, so after grabbing some breakfast, we'd grab a seat ouside by the pool. Most guests seemed to prefer sitting indoors even though it was gorgeous out, so we got to have a nice little respite from the noise and hustle bustle whilst enjoying some danishes and waffles. I think you can also get room service (just pizza I think), but we never used this during our stay.

Every night, there is a movie shown by the main pool on a massive blow-up screen, which was quite fun. They also had a Wii set up there on several evenings, with guests competing at bowling. There are also quizzes and various other activities if you want to get involved in things like that whilst you're in the hotel grounds.

There's a little bar which we went to most evenings after the park, where you can sit outside by the pool again and enjoy a glow-tini or a beer.

The gift shop has all your stand WDW souveniers plus a small section with supplies like bread, cake, toiletries, etc. Pretty much standard stuff.

We've done several of the Value resorts now and whilst they're basic in regards to amenities and services, they still offer a very Disney experience and wouldn't hesitate in using one again when money is a bit tight - as a matter of fact, I'm at All Star Sports myself in a few weeks when I visit for Destination D. If you're not going to be spending a lot of time at the resort anyway, visiting parks etc, then this option is ideal. A comfortable place to rest your head, with some over the top Disney magic thrown in for good measure.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you very much missbounce. That's what I was wanting to know. Sounds like I will enjoy it very much.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i love all star movies. and we always stay at a value resort and i have always been very happy with them.. we stayed at CSR and i hated it... i got lost everytime i went to the main building...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i love all star movies. and we always stay at a value resort and i have always been very happy with them.. we stayed at CSR and i hated it... i got lost everytime i went to the main building...lol
    I know what you mean about Coronado Springs - I actually really love the resort, but it's VERY confusing when you first visit just cos it's so big!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i know i kept calling brent begging him to help me find my way back to the room...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

GranandShan is offline A-Ticket holder

We have stayed at All Star Movies three separate occasions. We have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. A lot like you, the room is for sleeping but the pool is great and it is a fun place to hang your hat at the end of the day.

This year we will stay at Shades of Green, just to try something different, but so far ASMo is our favorite!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Do all the value resorts have pools? I am debating if I want to stay at an all stars or the poly on a trip im plannin for aug.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Yep - all the value resorts have their own pools. I believe as well, that if you're staying at an All Star resort, you are allowed to use the pools from ANY of the other All Star resorts (i.e. music, movies and sports) - they're all in walking distance from one another.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I stayed at the all star movies before our cruise, and I must say that I was disappointed. I've stayed at Pop Century a few times and I liked it much, much better... the all stars just seemed so old and dingy in comparison. However, if I didn't have Pop to compare it to then it would be fine probably. I've heard the buses can be a nightmare but the parks were pretty empty when we went and so the buses weren't crowded at all and we had no issues with them.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder

do some research on the busses... All Stars has 3 bus stops (or more) and I have read they get filled up quickly.....

We like Pop Century when staying "value"
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

nlcast is offline A-Ticket holder

Never stayed at All Star Movies.. but Pop Century has been a family fav for quite a few years in a row. Buy a cup on the first day!
    Check out my year-long artistic tribute to
    Buzz Lightyear! http://www.youremockingmearentyou.com

revtigger is offline A-Ticket holder

We stayed at All Star Movies for 10 nights during 2005 for our first trip to WDW. We loved All Star Movies. It is just a basic hotel with Disney decorations. The value resorts are more decorated than themed which some people consider tacky, but personal i think the massive characters etc are awesome. Great staff and the resort was kept in good condition. The All Star Resorts are on the edge of property which makes for a long trek to and from the parks. The food courts provide basic food which we found more than adequate. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    MY DISNEY TRIPS
    April 1995 - Disneyland (offsite – Park Vue Econo Lodge) Honeymoon
    May 2004 - Disneyland (offsite – Tropicana Inn)
    October 2005 - WDW (All Star Movies); Disney Wonder (3 night Bahamas Cruise)
    November 2005 - Disneyland (offsite – Tropicana Inn)
    September 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne)
    February 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York)
    December 2010 / January 2011 - Disneyland (Grand Californian Hotel); WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disney Wonder (15 night Panama Canal Cruise); Disneyland (Paradise Pier Hotel)
    August 2011 - Hong Kong Disneyland (Hollywood Hotel)
    Oct/Nov 2011 - Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel); WDW (Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas & Polynesian); Disney Dream (4 & 3 night back to back Bahamas Cruise); WDW (Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Lodge); Disneyland (Grand Californian)

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I've stayed at all three All Stars and the Pop Century as well. I'd take any of the All Stars over Pop any day.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Ive stayed at all of the all star resorts plenty of times as u can see lol For me and my family we absolutely love them bc there larger to life theme, the price u cant beat bc your really just sleeping there and the atmosphere is just wonderful. Wats good about the movies is that on select nights they play movies on a screen over the pool . Have a great trip
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast