Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Yet someone else seeking advice on POR in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everybody! I've been poking around the forums reading opinions on POR Riverside and French Quarter. We are considering this resort for our visit to The World in late November. ...
    GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Yet someone else seeking advice on POR

Hi Everybody! I've been poking around the forums reading opinions on POR Riverside and French Quarter. We are considering this resort for our visit to The World in late November. My daughter will be 5--still not a "big" kid. So, in the interest of her little legs, I have been looking at the map of the resort, and I'm confused. Help! I have been reading that people seem to like Alligator Bayou bldg 14 or 18 for it's proximity to the food court and main bldg. I'm not sure the rustic style is what we want. Can anyone give me some idea of how far the walk is from Magnolia to the food court? We were considering requesting this bldg (as far as Disney resort requests can go) as it appears to have a depot right behind it. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks in advance!
    "One Mouse, One World"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Yet someone else seeking advice on POR

We have stayed at both sides of the resort from the time my DD was 2 months old. I actually like the POR better for young kids, the park is better and I like the food court better for young kids, move variety.

My suggestion is to bring a cheap umbrella stroller with for use at the resort. When she wasn't tired going to the pool or the food court we'd just put our belongings in it, coming back, she rode.

The problem with the bayou's is they do not have elevators. I always requested a Mansion with an elevator, too much for the tired legs or the tired Dad stuck carrying her after a long day up the stair cases.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We also used a wal-mart umbrella stroller special for our kids through 5 years old. You might think they are too big for a stroller, but it sure is nice for them to have a seat when tired. She might even take a nap in the stroller on a long day.

I prefer POFQ! A lot smaller. Everything is close so if you are concerned about her little legs this may be better. Plus it's the first buss stop since POFQ and POR share a bus. Elevators are there too.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I prefer POFQ! A lot smaller. Everything is close so if you are concerned about her little legs this may be better. Plus it's the first buss stop since POFQ and POR share a bus. Elevators are there too.
    Agreed!
    POFQ is my favorite moderate resort. We like how small the resort is and how easy it is to get to the pool, food court and registration desk.
    I love the look of POR, it definitely is beautiful, however you can't beat how close everything is at the POFQ.
    Oh and POFQ has beingets.

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Another fan of POFQ. It's beautifully themed, smaller & quieter than POR and the pool is nice for kiddies.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post

I agree with this! I think there are only 7 building to begin with. The food court is great and my kids loved the pool and the slide. We stayed on the 3rd floor but it was great to have an elevator at the end of a long day.

We also had the strollers for our boys- they were 6 and 7 at the time. It allowed us to move around quickly and they liked not having to walk around.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Just one thing they don't share every bus, just certain ones during the day.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thank you guys so much for your input! I will do more research on POFQ. I think we will definitely want an elevator at the end of the day. As this will be our first time at this resort, I take your stroller advice to heart. I have stayed at other WDW resort hotels in the past, and I am looking forward to this experience! I am also looking forward to your advice in the future, as I'll need schooling on current info like ADR's etc.--the last time I was in WDW was in 2006. Thanks Again!
    "One Mouse, One World"