Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW resort. in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC ...... remember what they always say... "the customer is always right..." the only people who say that are trying to get something for nothing. Anyone who ...
    Billwht3 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW res

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    remember what they always say... "the customer is always right..."
    the only people who say that are trying to get something for nothing. Anyone who deals with customers knows it is absolutely not true!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW res

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Or in this case, the customer is always thirsty. Or thrifty. Either way, it works.

that too...

Quote Originally Posted by Billwht3 View Post
    the only people who say that are trying to get something for nothing. Anyone who deals with customers knows it is absolutely not true!
    im trying to figure out whether you caught my sarcasm or not... besides being a teacher i also work in retail in a grocery store... customers only think they are always right... truth is... theyre mostly wrong...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

that too...

im trying to figure out whether you caught my sarcasm or not... besides being a teacher i also work in retail in a grocery store... customers only think they are always right... truth is... theyre mostly wrong...

I got it just wanted to add my vote. It should read , in retail situations, the customer is often CRAZY!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i have over 10 years retail/customer service expereince....the customer is not always right, however, we have to make them think they are right by giving into their complaints to shut them up! lol behind their back we really are mad!!

and i say this from both an employee standpoint and a supervisor standpoint.

ive had many people complain to me about the rules and got me in trouble for just doing my job!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    i have over 10 years retail/customer service expereince....the customer is not always right, however, we have to make them think they are right by giving into their complaints to shut them up! lol behind their back we really are mad!!

ive had many people complain to me about the rules and got me in trouble for just doing my job!!
    i generally just laugh at them... if they wanna get mad and throw a fit over $1 i say let them... theres far too much more in life to worry about than the dollar that you saved by pulling the wool over a companies eyes...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

i have over 10 years retail/customer service experience....the customer is not always right, however, we have to make them think they are right by giving into their complaints to shut them up! lol behind their back we really are mad!!

I agree, take a look at the court systems and people who are brought to court by retailers for shoplifting. The judge doesn't say it is OK to take something that you have not purchased.

i generally just laugh at them... if they wanna get mad and throw a fit over $1 i say let them... theres far too much more in life to worry about than the dollar that you saved by pulling the wool over a companies eyes...
    I agree. Where does that line in the sand end? Is it OK to bring a cup into a 7/11 and help yourself to a Slurpee and walk out? Walk into McDonalds with your own cup fill up and leave? It is only $1 so it is OK? How about in your school cafeteria? Is it OK and condoned to go through the lunch lines and walk out with anything that is less than a $1? Would the staff at a school laugh if a student only stole a $1 a day? Or is it just OK to take $1 worth of goods from Disney?

What is next, when the basket is passed in church you take a dollar instead of giving one? Pass a table with a tip on it and take a dollar?
    Go in a fellow students backpack and take a dollar? It is the line in the sand, just don't take what is not yours to take. If we all just did this at Disney the ones who do pay would not be forced to endure these new restrictions. It is unfortunate the honest ones have to now be restricted.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I agree. Where does that line in the sand end? Is it OK to bring a cup into a 7/11 and help yourself to a Slurpee and walk out? Walk into McDonalds with your own cup fill up and leave? It is only $1 so it is OK? How about in your school cafeteria? Is it OK and condoned to go through the lunch lines and walk out with anything that is less than a $1? Would the staff at a school laugh if a student only stole a $1 a day? Or is it just OK to take $1 worth of goods from Disney?

What is next, when the basket is passed in church you take a dollar instead of giving one? Pass a table with a tip on it and take a dollar?
    Go in a fellow students backpack and take a dollar? It is the line in the sand, just don't take what is not yours to take. If we all just did this at Disney the ones who do pay would not be forced to endure these new restrictions. It is unfortunate the honest ones have to now be restricted.
    the line is skewed off the map sadly... and in Disney its unfortunate because now even the real honest people do it as well... the reason for that is because for too long they have been paying $13 or whatever for a new mug every trip only to watch people use their old mugs... when nothing is done to them year after year people get frustrated and probably say, "well if they're not gonna stop them well then im gonna do it too..." i do not condone it but i understand why it has become an issue in recent years...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

the line is skewed off the map sadly... and in Disney its unfortunate because now even the real honest people do it as well... the reason for that is because for too long they have been paying $13 or whatever for a new mug every trip only to watch people use their old mugs... when nothing is done to them year after year people get frustrated and probably say, "well if they're not gonna stop them well then im gonna do it too..." i do not condone it but i understand why it has become an issue in recent years...
    Reality check here. The honest people are not loosing anything at all. They have always followed the rules now everyone will. As far as Disney "not doing anything at all" Can you picture Goofy walking up to someone at a soda machine with a taser saying "GAWRSH! STEP AWAY FROM THE COKE DISPENSER!!! AHYUK!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billwht3 View Post
    Reality check here. The honest people are not loosing anything at all. They have always followed the rules now everyone will. As far as Disney "not doing anything at all" Can you picture Goofy walking up to someone at a soda machine with a taser saying "GAWRSH! STEP AWAY FROM THE COKE DISPENSER!!! AHYUK!" ?

Well... Trust me from talking with many people... Even the most honest person has become frustrated that they have spent money on a mug every year that others have been reusing... Also... Disney definitely could have done something in the past to rectify this situation... If you look on this thread people have said they used mugs from like 10 years ago... If it was a priority for Disney to stop this I believe they would have... Personally... I think they didn't want to cause problems through the years... But now I think it might be hurting their wallets...

Consider this... A family of 4 buys a mug... That's an estimated $52 they get for it... If they allow that family to return 4 times without making them buy a new mug... They lost an estimated $208... Interesting how it added up...

I don't think it had to do with the cost of soda... More so the lost revenue from the mugs...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I agree, take a look at the court systems and people who are brought to court by retailers for shoplifting. The judge doesn't say it is OK to take something that you have not purchased.

Bottom line...you want something....you pay for it!!

We should be lucky Disney offers resort guests mugs to purchase for our length of stay with free refills!!

The program has been abused, that is why they are TESTING this new program.

We each have our own opinions and ideas, but bottom line truth...none of us work for Disney making these decisions.

Yet again, I will make the point...they are a buisness and have to operate like a buisness.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We should be lucky Disney offers resort guests mugs to purchase for our length of stay with free refills!!
    I have a problem with the whole "length of stay" concept, and here's why. A family who visits the park for three days pays the same amount for their refillable mug that a family who is staying for a month. That's just ridiculous.

Want the solution, Disney? Here you go. Buy a mug whenever you want. Love your old mug from five years ago? Fantastic. Bring it along. Then pay a set amount per day to refill it. Doesn't have to be much. Maybe two dollars. This way, you don't get stuck with a new mug every year that sits around in a closet when you get home. How many souvenier mugs does one person REALLY need, anyway?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I have a problem with the whole "length of stay" concept, and here's why. A family who visits the park for three days pays the same amount for their refillable mug that a family who is staying for a month. That's just ridiculous.

Want the solution, Disney? Here you go. Buy a mug whenever you want. Love your old mug from five years ago? Fantastic. Bring it along. Then pay a set amount per day to refill it. Doesn't have to be much. Maybe two dollars. This way, you don't get stuck with a new mug every year that sits around in a closet when you get home. How many souvenier mugs does one person REALLY need, anyway?
    That's a good idea.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    That's a good idea.
    It is actually because I am for sure one of those households with too darn many mugs. Figure even before DSS and his GF moved in, that was 2 or 3 mugs per visit we were bringing home. Now, it's 5!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yeah but then you have to manage the who/which mug has paid what for what amount of soda. How do you do this? With "smart" mugs. Bam. You got your solution. Just make the mugs reprogrammable with scanner activation/deactivation technology. Hit your bar code at the pump and fill 'er up. Next trip, reactivate.

So...I'm just saying...if you have too many mugs at home...why not sell them at a yard sale or donate them to Goodwill or something like that? I am sure there are people out there that would love to have a Disney mug!!

We don't have too many mugs from our previous visits, mostly since we never stayed on property before so we have no resort mugs, but I have a mug from my DL trip last year and a mug from BB from 99. With our upcoming trip we are each gonna get a mug, so when we get home we will have 5 mugs total at home. And since we are always looking for mugs to use when we go out, this will be great!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast