Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW resort. in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by MissMEY With high priced drinks we take our trusty camelbacks... for those of you dont know what these are the are lightweight rucksacks that can hold from ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW res

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    With high priced drinks we take our trusty camelbacks... for those of you dont know what these are the are lightweight rucksacks that can hold from 0.5L to 3L of water. When empty we refill at a fountain. We can wear them on rides and have never been stopped taking them into parks. Saves us a fortune!
    yeh... you know that if you ask a CM at a sand that sells fountain drinks for a cip of ice water it is free right...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW res

Yes... Use that also but being from UK I'm not used to humidity and temp so drink 3L water easily a day!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Here is an excerpt from the All Ears Newsletter (sorry wouldn't link)

All drinks (except for hot drinks like coffee, etc.) that are purchased at the cashier contain a special ID chip at the bottom of the cup. In order to dispense the drink at the self-service drink stations, you need to place the cup on a plastic lever and then push a button. When you place the cup on the plastic lever, a computer scans the bottom of the cup and informs you of how many refills you have remaining, along with a timeframe. Each paper cup allows you to have three refills within one hour of first scanning it on the machine. After the refills have been used up, or the hour is up, whichever comes first, the machine will no longer dispense drinks for that cup. This system also works with the refillable mugs that are purchased or come as part of the Quick Service Dining Plan. All mugs can be used for up to two weeks, and will then expire.

The All Star Sports resort was the first to have these machines installed, for testing, and ultimately all of the resorts with self-dispensing drink stations will have this new technology.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    All mugs can be used for up to two weeks, and will then expire.
    What happens if you're staying for more than that I wonder? There's a forum member here who is going for 23 days!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

If you stay more than two weeks, Disney will give you a new mug good for another 2 weeks. Odds are that doesn't happen to frequently and they are more than happy to give up an extra mug for a 2+ week booking.

We've done 16 days twice, back in the day of $89.00/night Dixie Landings and mega perks in the fall. Can't imagine what that would cost me now.
    $3,500.00 for family of four then for a October trip.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    If you stay more than two weeks, Disney will give you a new mug good for another 2 weeks. Odds are that doesn't happen to frequently and they are more than happy to give up an extra mug for a 2+ week booking.
    Ok... I'm gonna say it... that's just silly.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I don't disagree, yet Disney can't get past the the Guests with their entitlement issues so it is Group Guest Punishment!

It is also why Disney altered Peco's Bills seating. Just too many Entitlement Guests that went in a created a salad of Toppings for Free also.

I was happy Disney kept the topping area and adjusted the seating over just removing the great topping area that made Peco's great. I am also happy they just didn't get rid of the mugs and paper cups at these stations you get 3 refills. They could have filled them once for you and been done.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    What happens if you're staying for more than that I wonder? There's a forum member here who is going for 23 days!
    Two weeks, then your code expires. They might be able to reprogram the code, but it will cost you another week or two. I still go back to my original suggestion of paying for drinks on a per-day basis. Same way your room key is only good for a certain number of days, so should the mugs. Then you CAN bring back your mugs each time and have them reprogrammed. It's not impossible. Just a matter of Disney trying to make money on repeat mug purchases.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Two weeks, then your code expires. They might be able to reprogram the code, but it will cost you another week or two. I still go back to my original suggestion of paying for drinks on a per-day basis. Same way your room key is only good for a certain number of days, so should the mugs. Then you CAN bring back your mugs each time and have them reprogrammed. It's not impossible. Just a matter of Disney trying to make money on repeat mug purchases.
    that sounds like a better idea. However, on my last trip i found myself almost making it a point at stopping at the hospitality house (OKW) to get a drink in the morning. Mike, you and i both like staying at WL.... i found that i used my mug more often at WL stopping at Roaring Forks than i did at OKW... i think in the future before i buy the mug i might look into how much of a hassle it would be to stop in the lobby area every morning and night... because thats the only thing that makes the mugs worth it... the many uses per day... if you have to make special trips to get them only in the morning or at night i feel like it defeats the point...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

You're right, Joe. Places like OKW, Coronado, and Saratoga don't lend themselves to quick visits to the commisary like other more consolidated hotels.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

i felt like i kinda wasted my money... but hopefully i will be staying in WL next year... OKW was fun and a good time... just dont think it measures up...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Welcome back into the fold.

i never left really... just decided a little late to book my last trip... couldnt get into the VWL for the days i could go... wont make that mistake twice...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

I've had that happen to me, too. Then agin, December is getting far more crowded than usual, anyway. I couldn't imagine trying to go down in August. Haven't done that since I was a kid.

it wasnt really busy... but i guess going down for 7 nights is a pain for booking... but it was a good time and i saw another resort... i will say one thing though... OKW has nice DVC rooms... bigger than VWL...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast