Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW resort. in the Vacation Planning forums; WLV is in desperate need of a paint job and some new carpeting. Heck, a complete overhaul needed, similar to what they tried to do at the Polynesian....
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW res

WLV is in desperate need of a paint job and some new carpeting. Heck, a complete overhaul needed, similar to what they tried to do at the Polynesian.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Leave those old mugs at home! New drink station currently being tested at WDW res

I'm with ya... But honestly I can't wait to get back there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    it wasnt really busy... but i guess going down for 7 nights is a pain for booking... but it was a good time and i saw another resort... i will say one thing though... OKW has nice DVC rooms... bigger than VWL...
    We haven't stayed at OKW yet. Are they done with the renovations? I've heard the rooms are bigger than the other DVC rooms. It is on our list of DVC resorts to stay at "one day" (BLT castle-view is on that list too ). However, they are always booked up when we want to visit or the points are almost equal to BWV and I honestly like the convenience of BWV to Epcot and DHS.

We stayed at VWL once and I found the room dark and in need of a renovation. So, we haven't been back since.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We are off to the BCV at the end of the month for Epcot's F&W Festival. That is my favorite DVC resort. Then again, Epcot is my fav park.

Are the new drink stations installed in the Deluxe resorts yet? Since, we are flying and won't be making our usual trip to the grocery store for drinks, we'll probably use the resort drink station. Have they at least changed the mug design from last year?
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Are the new drink stations installed in the Deluxe resorts yet? Since, we are flying and won't be making our usual trip to the grocery store for drinks, we'll probably use the resort drink station. Have they at least changed the mug design from last year?
    I don't think it's yet moved out of it's pilot location but it'll happen fast when it does I'm sure.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I don't think it's yet moved out of it's pilot location but it'll happen fast when it does I'm sure.
    We just returned home a couple of nights ago from WL and the mug design has changed but the dispenser station is still the same as yesteryear.....seen every type of mug and cup being filled with no problems and standing in the Roaring Fork checkout line, others with old mugs on their tray moving right thru with nothing being said or questioned...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy of ohio View Post
    We just returned home a couple of nights ago from WL and the mug design has changed but the dispenser station is still the same as yesteryear.....seen every type of mug and cup being filled with no problems and standing in the Roaring Fork checkout line, others with old mugs on their tray moving right thru with nothing being said or questioned...
    Count me in. I'll be doing the same in a few months
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy of ohio View Post
    The dispenser station has only changed at one value resort to date. That is where they are working all the quirks out of it.

Interesting that the issue is that wide spread for you to noticed how many guests are bringing in every type of mug and cup. Explains why Disney was forced to try and find a correction to the free beverage situation.

When you go back in a year it will be interesting to hear if Disney rolled the new beverage system to WL too.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The dispenser station has only changed at one value resort to date. That is where they are working all the quirks out of it.

Interesting that the issue is that wide spread for you to noticed how many guests are bringing in every type of mug and cup. Explains why Disney was forced to try and find a correction to the free beverage situation.

When you go back in a year it will be interesting to hear if Disney rolled the new beverage system to WL too.
    Interesting only because of another Disney board I frequent and bring back mugs is a real hot topic.....with 45 trips to our credit....we notice what others complain about....the mugs never bothered us one way or another....and whether they switch to a new system is not a care to us.....we do have mugs from alot of years ago that are good forever...what was stated when we purchased them.....to each there own..

I do agree that the mug sold as a forever mug should be forever indeed. just wish my parents bought me one of those forever Disney World Passes.

But onto this, that I found at All Ears newsletter this week.

Starts off: Disney recently opened its Aulani resort on the island of Oahu. As a guest of Disney, I had the opportunity to attend the Grand Opening event and spend several days exploring the resort............and then

Refillable mugs are available at the resort, and the price (initially an outrageous $32.99) is $18.99. Beverage stations are available in Kalepa's Store, and at One Paddle, Two Paddle and the Lava Shack.

Does show you that there is a line in the sand for some guests and Disney on rare occasions does reconsider.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

The original Wilderness Lodge mugs I purchased over ten years ago were also sold as "forever" mugs. If you have those particular mugs on hand, they they should be grandfathered in. Still, how do you enforce that without someone else saying, "But how come HIS mug works and mine doesn't?"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Well and even then, there's no real way to grandfather them unless you turn in your mug and are given a replacement (because there's no chip in them).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

First,I want to say up front,my comments to this thread,are based on several of the comments that I read prior to writing my own.It is obvious there has been some dishonesty going on when it comes to this topic about the drink machines at the value resorts.I do not agree with the prices that these mugs have gone up to.In 2000 when we stayed at allstar sports(our first time on property),I noticed that the refillable mugs were around $8 then.Each year they went up up up!We never bought them the first time nor ever!First of all,one should not drink that much carbonated beverages that would make it worth the cost of the mugs.That much soft drinks cannot be good for the body in any case.Second of all water is free free free! Being outside in the sun and the hot Florida weather is also a good reason to NOT drink a lot of soft drinks.Plus all that sugar and syrup will put on the extra pounds.Why do you think we have so many overweight people in this country? No not just from soft drinks alone,but over-eating too.(not starting a debate on over-weight people).But the biggest reason is simple honesty.Sadly some people even try to justify bringing their old mugs and "stealing" the soft drinks from the dispensers.They say,"well for the prices Disney charges,I don't see where it hurts to use our old mugs or even a water cup".Well honesty is honesty.Stealing is stealing no matter how much or how little.Ten commandments say "thou shalt not steal".How much more simple can it be?When I go to eat at any restaurant that has a self serve drink machine,and if I order something that does not come with a drink,I get a water cup and I drink water.Just as told the order taker.When we stayed at any value resort,if we didn't buy a drink,and we always did on our last night there,we always got a water cup and we always drank water.It has nothing to do with how much the drinks cost or how much the mugs cost.It is all about being honest.Honesty comes with integrity.How will a person react to something even if no one else will ever know?God knows.Sadly,there has been too much abuse of this loose drink system,so now it appears Disney is doing something to change that.I don't agree with their high prices but that's nothing more than GREED in this world!(Don't get me started).But what can we do about high prices?We either pay them and go to WDW or we don't.So for those that think it's ok to use old mugs or water cups to get soft drinks,and you think it's ok because you are "sticking it" to Disney? You are not hurting them at all.You are hurting yourself.Dishonesty is dishonesty.There has to be a conscience stirred up,isn't there?(I am not trying to stir up anger or get anyone mad at me with my comments.I was raised to be honest and I feel we do not have enough honesty in this world.Integrity does not negate being honest based on the size of something in question.If anyone gets angry with my comment,just know that is not my intention.Is the anger conviction?)
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 10-31-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Park Hopper Dad!

This is from the Dis Board. 04-06-02
    Trekker
    04-06-2002, 06:11 PM
    I e-mailed Disney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the many internet discussion boards that revolve around WDW, there are many discussions concerning the reusable mug program at the resorts.

Does WDW have an official policy for the use of these mugs?

The main questions are usually:

1.) Can I use the mug purchased at ABC resort at XYZ resort.
    A.) If I visit it?
    B.) If I split my stay and move there for the second half?

2.) Can I bring the mug from ABC resort back with me on Subsequent trips to the ABC resort forever?

Thanks for a reply as to the official WDW policy on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney's reply

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Please know that the "Souvenir Mug" program at Disney Resorts allow you to refill beverages (including hot coffee & tea) at your Resort for the length of your current stay and is for your resort only. It is not extended to refills at other Disney Resorts or Theme Parks or future visits.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Online Guest Service
    WALT DISNEY WORLD
    P.O. Box 10100
    Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0100

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456