Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss POR and CSR for 12 to 13 YO in the Vacation Planning forums; Could anyone please share some Pros and Cons of POR and the CSR for 2 adults and a soon to be 13yo boy? We've never been to either resort. We ...
    ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

POR and CSR for 12 to 13 YO

Could anyone please share some Pros and Cons of POR and the CSR for 2 adults and a soon to be 13yo boy? We've never been to either resort. We love nature, animals, swimming and of course anything that's 'Disneyfied'! Thank you. - ecmickey
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: POR and CSR for 12 to 13 YO

Go yo allears.net they have a section called rate and review, that is all pros and cons about all hotels. AllEars.net Review Page - Disney Resorts - Powered by ReviewPost

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

13 is a funky age. Is he still a kid at heart or wrestling with those teenage years?

By your interests listed I'd almost think Ft. Wilderness Cabins might be a better match. The cabins at FW are not a bad price. It gives a teen a bit more room to sit and chill and a deck to hang at out in nature or just wander about when he needs some time, also bike around.

Just a thought.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'd recommend CSR! Kids that age love main pool area because it has one of the longest pool slides on WDW property. The pool, slide, arcade, ping pong table and giant checker board are all great to have in this one area.

CSR offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price (they also have suites).

The rooms have queen beds, have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I can't speak for POR yet but have you considered the Pirate themed rooms at Carribbean beach? I know that wasn't one of the two you were comparing but CBR is also a moderate and 12/13 year old boys are usually big pirates fans. We stayed at CBR when my step-son was 12 and he loved the pirate themed pool etc. and I can only imagine how he would've flipped if the rooms were available back then (that was 7 years ago... wow).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz2001 View Post
    I'd recommend CSR! Kids that age love main pool area because it has one of the longest pool slides on WDW property. The pool, slide, arcade, ping pong table and giant checker board are all great to have in this one area.
    CSR offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price (they also have suites).
    The rooms have queen beds, have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.
    CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).
    CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.
    CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.
    Wow, I have to say that the CSR really sounds like a very nice resort. I mean they're all nice, but CSR sounds like you get a lot for your moderate fee. I think that the water slide alone would make the argument! Thanks, Buzz and thank you to everyone else for your thoughts as well. I'll definitely check out the All Ears site and yes, the cabins in FW do sound nice for nature study. - ecmickey

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I can't speak for POR yet but have you considered the Pirate themed rooms at Carribbean beach? I know that wasn't one of the two you were comparing but CBR is also a moderate and 12/13 year old boys are usually big pirates fans. We stayed at CBR when my step-son was 12 and he loved the pirate themed pool etc. and I can only imagine how he would've flipped if the rooms were available back then (that was 7 years ago... wow).
    I don't know how I missed your post, but thanks BamaJenn for your suggestion. We've stayed at the CBR before (several times) and loved it; it's a wonderful resort. But, this time we thought it might be fun to try a place we've never been to, just to see and enjoy a different theme. - ecmickey

Quote Originally Posted by ecmickey View Post
    I don't know how I missed your post, but thanks BamaJenn for your suggestion. We've stayed at the CBR before (several times) and loved it; it's a wonderful resort. But, this time we thought it might be fun to try a place we've never been to, just to see and enjoy a different theme. - ecmickey
    Gotcha! I totally understand because that's exactly what we're doing this time. We'll be at POR in September so I'll letcha know how it is. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Gotcha! I totally understand because that's exactly what we're doing this time. We'll be at POR in September so I'll letcha know how it is. LOL!
    Oh geeze, if we go, we're going in September, also. And it would definitely be either POR or CSR. I always plan and book far in advance, but the family members that I'd be going with have to wait for some important dates (school) and they are used to booking late. It worked out last year so I imagine it will this year, too, if we can go (I'm crossing my fingers and 'Wishing on a Star). - ecmickey

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wow, I have to say that the CSR really sounds like a very nice resort. I mean they're all nice, but CSR sounds like you get a lot for your moderate fee. I think that the water slide alone would make the argument! Thanks, Buzz and thank you to everyone else for your thoughts as well. I'll definitely check out the All Ears site and yes, the cabins in FW do sound nice for nature study. - ecmickey
    Check out my CSR site as well if you get a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz2001 View Post
    Check out my CSR site as well if you get a moment.
    I have and it's a great website that you've put together. In fact, I'm almost 100% sold on staying at CSR for our trip (as long as my family members agree). The natural beauty did it for me, especially the turtles, fish and the alligator. I like the Cabanas, but I also love the Casitas with that long rectangular lion fountain; that's really beautiful. Thanks for all of the info.

Oh geeze, if we go, we're going in September, also. And it would definitely be either POR or CSR. I always plan and book far in advance, but the family members that I'd be going with have to wait for some important dates (school) and they are used to booking late. It worked out last year so I imagine it will this year, too, if we can go (I'm crossing my fingers and 'Wishing on a Star). - ecmickey
    Well if you chose POR, we might see you there! LOL