Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Family of Five in the Vacation Planning forums; Went to WDW last Christmas and stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside. Their cabins are definately cramped with five (Mom, Dad, daughter/9, son/10, son/19) but we made it work. Me ...
    The Rock-A-Who? is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Family of Five

Went to WDW last Christmas and stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside. Their cabins are definately cramped with five (Mom, Dad, daughter/9, son/10, son/19) but we made it work.

Me and the wife were in one bed, boys in the other and daughter was in the roll-out trundle. Cheapest place I've found that accomodates '5'.

I'm looking forward to the new family suites and reviews of them so we'll have another option when we go again.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zark72 View Post
    Just was at the Starwood Hotels site getting rates for Sawn / Dolphin and noticed that no where did they ask how many children would be staying. Since my kids are still young (and small) enough to fit 3 in a bed, I'm wondering if this is an option. Has anyone here ever brought 2 adults and 3 kids to a room at the Swan / Dolphin or is there a rule somewhere that I missed that limits the guests per room to 4?
    I stayed at Dolphin - 5 in total... they gave us the worlds smallest room, two doubles and a sofa chair. So I complained and got upgraded to a suite :-) Much better!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(

I just booked my family of 4, plus my parents into a Fort Wilderness Cabin. The bedroom has a double and bunk beds, and there is a murphy bed in the livingroom. Might be a bit cramped for all of us, but it was a bit cheaper than 2 rooms at an All-Star's resort and it will be a new experience for all of us....luckily we all get along pretty well....
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

On Mousesavers.com they have a listing of the various resorts as well. In the fine print under the Value Resort section there is a line that you can add a third adult to the Value Room for $10 a day. My oldest daughter is 12 and my middle one will be 10 next week. While I can see Disney considering my oldest an adult, my middle girl is not. So when we go back, we'll pay the $20 and let the 5 year old sleep between the beds like always. Once they are bigger, who knows.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    On Mousesavers.com they have a listing of the various resorts as well. In the fine print under the Value Resort section there is a line that you can add a third adult to the Value Room for $10 a day. My oldest daughter is 12 and my middle one will be 10 next week. While I can see Disney considering my oldest an adult, my middle girl is not. So when we go back, we'll pay the $20 and let the 5 year old sleep between the beds like always. Once they are bigger, who knows.
    Oh you got this wrong. And yay for that. 18 is the magical age for the $10 charge. While ticket prices and food are younger that has never been the case for adults in a room with us. Now if you put a third over 17 in your room, you betcha you'll be paying.

And on that same note, if you are genuinely concerned about the kid having to sleep between the beds, POR has just replaced their trundles with Murphy Beds. They have replaced the dresser and the Murphy rests on the built in drawers below. I like the concept however they did not do a very good job blending them into the decor. Frankly, I'd take the real bed over the decor 'cause we don't spend much time in the hotel room other than to sleep.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-16-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

This is one I'm glad to get wrong! Big question is then, how do you get a room reservation for the value resorts? The times I've played around with the reservation site there's no option to use a value with three children over the age of three. Is this something a travel agent would be able to do?
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Boy, I don't know. I always use a travel agent that checks several different packages until she can get me the most for our money. I only stayed at a value once, normally a moderate.

She always checks Walt Disney Travel Company and GoGo Travel. Bet Beci's group could figure it out. I always thought the 5th had to be under 3 and in a crib, shows you how much I know. Quotes are free, so it never hurts to give it a shot.

I know one time our hotel was under major construction, which we were not told. CM was apologetic but useless. I pulled out my phone, called travel agent and we were moved to another hotel and upgraded. : )

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I have used MEI once and am using them right now to help plan a 15th Anniversary trip for the wife and I in April at Pop Century.

Here's the quote from Mousesavers about adding adults to Pop Century rooms...

"Pop Century - Notes
    Rates listed are full price, also known as "rack rates." Rates are per room, per night, based on 2 adults maximum per room. Kids under 18 stay free. A charge of $10 per night plus tax applies for each additional adult in the room. A child under 3 in a crib does not count toward maximum occupancy."

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I have used MEI once and am using them right now to help plan a 15th Anniversary trip for the wife and I in April at Pop Century.

Here's the quote from Mousesavers about adding adults to Pop Century rooms...

"Pop Century - Notes
    Rates listed are full price, also known as "rack rates." Rates are per room, per night, based on 2 adults maximum per room. Kids under 18 stay free. A charge of $10 per night plus tax applies for each additional adult in the room. A child under 3 in a crib does not count toward maximum occupancy."
    Yep that is what I believe to be true. Maximum occupancy would be 4 unless you have someone in a crib under 3 then you could have five in the room.
    If you have four people in the room that are 18 or older you will be paying 20 dollars a night more. If you have 2 adults and 2 children under 18 you will be paying the rack rate.

Well, on our next family trip we will probably just get two rooms side by side with a connecting door and take a set of grandparents.

Or we could let the kids have an MMA fight and the loser gets to stay home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12