Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss All-Star Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; We've stayed at the All Star hotel and the only complaint I really have had, is the large groups of children, that are often loud and under-supervised (obviously not Disney's ...
    AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We've stayed at the All Star hotel and the only complaint I really have had, is the large groups of children, that are often loud and under-supervised (obviously not Disney's fault).

We have found that staying in the Moderate resorts (I prefer Port Orleans, FQ) very pleasant, though more expensive. But we have annual passes so get great discounts on rooms.

I definately recommend staying on property if you can afford it!!! And the theming at All Stars and Pop Century are great. Though since POP is new, the rooms may be a little nicer.

Have fun!!!!
    Aimee

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Arrow Great Value

I like all the value resorts. I have stayed at all of them and I really like the value. Hopefully someday I can afford to stay in a better place.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was told by a cast member that the resorts overbook all the time and sometimes they don't have enough rooms at the resort you booked at. They upgrade according to seniority, like Florida premium passholders(thats what I am) then florida season passholders and how many times you visit per year. I was upgraded in June and in Oct. In June from a value to Saratoga Springs and in October from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Grand Floridian. It also does not hurt if its a special ocassion. Both times it was birthdays and in Oct it was a surprise engagemant. You never know when your going to luck out when you check in. so the next time you hear Im sorry we are overbooked I have to talk to a supervisor, don't panic. On the other hand we did spend a lot more when staying at the Delux resorts for tipping, etc.

disneygirl1024 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My husband on our first trip last year and my husband and chillens' last year stayed at the Pop Century and we loved it. However, we are now venturing out to other hotels and now we are staying at the All Star Movies Resort next April. We loved all of the icons (rubik's cube, Mickey Mouse Phone, Big Wheel, etc) as well as the bowling pins and yo-yo's for stair wells at the end of the hotels. We are all about getting the Whole Disney Experience.
    My other Job: WDW fanatic in training
    Pop Century - 10/2004 - trip with husband
    Pop Century - 3/2005 - family trip
    All Star Movies - 4/2006 - Spring Break
    :mickey:

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Tinkerbelle is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who has posted. Although the advice was helpful, I think we're going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside.
    Thanks,
    Kari

Kenziekylanmom is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have stayed at All Star Movie two times and loved both times! The rooms are a little small but we aren't in them very often and usually just to sleep so they work well for us! My kids are little and we stayed in the 101 Dalmations the first time and they loved that and the last time was the Toy Story area and they really are into Toy Story right now so it was just perfect!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12