Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss All-Star Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone stayed at the All-Star Resorts? My family is planning a vacation to Disney next year and we're thinking of staying at one of the All-star resorts...are they any ...
    Tinkerbelle is offline A-Ticket holder

All-Star Resorts

Has anyone stayed at the All-Star Resorts? My family is planning a vacation to Disney next year and we're thinking of staying at one of the All-star resorts...are they any good?
    Thanx,
    Kari

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Has anyone stayed at the All-Star Resorts? My family is planning a vacation to Disney next year and we're thinking of staying at one of the All-star resorts...are they any good?
    Thanx,
    Kari
    Welcome to the board!!! Yes, the All-Stars and Pop Century and very good and clean. Of course, you can't beat staying on-property at any WDW resort.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 06-09-2005 at 01:59 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I agree with JC. If the All Stars and Pop Century fit your budget, they are fine. We've stayed at ASMu and Pop Century and would recommend either one.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We stayed at All Star Movies in 2003. It was our first time at a Value Resort and we were SOLD! We loved the food court! We loved the theming! In fact, we loved everything about it! We loved it so much that we are staying at POP for our upcoming trip! We have decided that the money we saved could be better spent on FUN rather than SLEEP! LOL.
    They call me "Nana"

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    The All Stars or Pop is the only place I will stay! I am not in my room that much only sleep and shower. The rest of the time we are in the parks or pool or resturants. So I prefer staying at the cheaper place and spend my money on other fun things too.
    I also think that the bus transportation is better at the Value Resorts then the others.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder

All-Stars

We stayed at the All-Star Sports last year and enjoyed it very much. Previously, we had only stayed at Coronado Springs. CS is a great property, but the All-Stars are much more "Disney" themed. Our children (ages 5 and 11) much prefered the All-Star Sports. However, I must warn you that, since the All-Stars are "value," they are also much louder. When we were there, a cheerleader competition was taking place. Many of them stayed at our hotel, and they were loud from 7am to 3am. Half of them spent the day practicing their cheerleading loudly on the grounds, and the other half stayed-out and got drunk and were very loud upon their return to the Hotel in the middle of the night. Because of that noise, we have decided to try the Caribbean Beach Resort this year. BUT, I would definitely choose an All-Star over and off-property Hotel any day.

Enjoy your trip!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi there! If you are looking for a no-frills, but Disney themed room, the All Stars is great. We stayed at the All Star Movies, and if you are a Disney movie fan, it is great. We were in the Toy Story wing, and my son is a huge Buzz Lightyear fan so he was thrilled.

I don't know if you have kids or how many is in your party, but the rooms are small. But if you plan to be at the parks most of the day, it won't bother you. The food court is good and I found the bus service very reliable.

It really puts you in the middle of the magic at a great value. Enjoy!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I recommend Music (for no particular good reason over Movies), and somewhat against Sports (it seems large cheerleading/football/teen/whatever groups stay there more than the others). I like Music because it's in the middle, and I like the theming, too..

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    All Stars transportations was very reliable also but crowded at night

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl
    All Stars transportations was very reliable also but crowded at night
    I agree they are crowded, but have never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus at closing. Disney transportation does an excellent job having busses at the ready depending on the number of guests at a particular park.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I would recommend Pop Century because they don't share buses with other resorts. If you have to stay at All-Stars,stay at Sports because that is the first of the 3 All-Star resorts and will have the most bus space in the morning.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I have stayed the gamut, Value, Moderate, and Deluxe, and I have NEVER been on a bus that wasn't crowded at night.
    They call me "Nana"

We love the All Star Movies! I agree with iwannabeminnie...we like using our money that we save on our resort towards more fun!!!! We are only in our room to sleep and shower! We stayed at Pop Century this past June and although our stay was fine, we prefered All Star Movies because of the Disney movie theme. I know that a lot of people have fallen in love with Pop...it is just a personal preference. I would definitely give one of them a try and then at least you will know for yourself whether or not it works for your family! BTW....welcome to the DWT family!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I have stayed the gamut, Value, Moderate, and Deluxe, and I have NEVER been on a bus that wasn't crowded at night.
    I agree with you again....this is very true! Guess I need to be going when JC goes because we have had to wait sometimes up to an hour at park closing to get back to our hotel!!!!! This past trip was actually the first time that we drove our own vehicle back and forth to the parks. We thought we would give it a try since it was the first time we were traveling with 2 kids. Not having to try and collapse a double stroller and balance the kids and backpack on the bus was very nice might I say...plus we were always back in our room within 20 minutes of exiting the park. It worked well for us, but on times that we fly to Orlando and do not rent a car...this will not be an option for us....

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If you're mainly interested in staying in the parks for most of your trip, you can't beat the value resorts. You get the benefits of staying on Disney property for the price of any decent off-site hotel. The theming is very kid-friendly.

I've stayed at Pop and All-star movies (and I'm going back to ASMo in Feb.), but eventually I'd like to try a moderate, and someday, a deluxe, to experience the more "resort" like amenities!
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast