Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Two rooms or family suite? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all! I'm in the middle of planning a trip for January 2012 for five adults (19-21 years old). We are all college students so budge is a big deal ...
    LisaTav is offline A-Ticket holder

Two rooms or family suite?

Hello all!
    I'm in the middle of planning a trip for January 2012 for five adults (19-21 years old). We are all college students so budge is a big deal for us. Personally i think that we should book two jointing rooms in PC but the others are a fan of the family suite in ASMusic. I just don't think that there will be enough room. I know the kitchenette is a good think to have with a limited budget however we will not be renting a car. Any opinion is helpful!
    Thanks!!!
    "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"

"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique"

My WDW trips
    April 1993- OFF
    May 1994 - OFF
    April 1995- OFF
    Spring 1997- OFF
    March 1998- OFF
    May 2002- OFF
    Dec. 02/Jan 03- All Star Sports
    April 2007- Coronado Springs
    Feb 2009 – OFF (Royal Plaza)
    Aug 2009- POFQ
    Jan. 2010- Pop Century
    Jan 2012- POP
    Dec '12/Jan '13- Pop

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Two rooms or family suite?

Look carefully at what they consider a sleeping area. We looked at it at one time and one option was a chair/ottoman type situation. That may not be comfortable for an adult. However, I might think about an air mattress if I went.

You could pack some snacks or things to make the kitchenette useful. Or mail it to the resort. We thought about doing that and getting some cereal and poptarts for breakfasts.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Beyond sleeping, you will also want to consider how many bathrooms the family suite offers vs. two rooms. I wouldn't want to be a family of five at home tripping over each other, fighting for one shower. So consider how many males and females you have in the group, and how much sharing one shower is going to be a factor in getting ready to go out during the day and night.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

There are actually two bathrooms in the family suites but that said... I don't think you'd want to consider the family suite for a group of 5 college students. For a family with kids it's fantastic but really there is only one real bedroom and the rest of the sleeping takes place on a pull out chair and sofa.

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

LisaTav is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for all the input! One girl dropped out so we ended up booking one room for the four of us through MEI. We figured we rather save the money and have a nice dinner out instead, always about the food!.
    "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"

"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique"

My WDW trips
    April 1993- OFF
    May 1994 - OFF
    April 1995- OFF
    Spring 1997- OFF
    March 1998- OFF
    May 2002- OFF
    Dec. 02/Jan 03- All Star Sports
    April 2007- Coronado Springs
    Feb 2009 – OFF (Royal Plaza)
    Aug 2009- POFQ
    Jan. 2010- Pop Century
    Jan 2012- POP
    Dec '12/Jan '13- Pop

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by LisaTav View Post
    Thanks for all the input! One girl dropped out so we ended up booking one room for the four of us through MEI. We figured we rather save the money and have a nice dinner out instead, always about the food!.
    Good choice because the sleeping is not comfy at the All Star music family suites unless you happen to have the bedroom. The living area pull out couch and chair conversion to a single bed are not comfortable at all. Maybe for kids but not adults. 2 bathrooms was nice though.