Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Best Pool in the Vacation Planning forums; Taking advice from people on this board, we are planning a day-off during our Disney trip this July to recuperate from the parks. We plan to do a little "pool ...
    WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder

Best Pool

Taking advice from people on this board, we are planning a day-off during our Disney trip this July to recuperate from the parks. We plan to do a little "pool hopping," and I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best pool on Disney property. Our only experience has been Coronado Springs (great pool) and All-Star Sports. This year, we are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort, and I have heard that they have a great pool. Our children are 5 and 11, and we do not want to pay the money to go to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. So, we plan to explore pools at other Hotels. What do you think?

The Polynesian has a nice pool with a waterfall slide...nice atmosphere with the beach not very far down the path.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Unless you are a DVC member, I wouldn't plan on this too much. Of course it all depends on what CMs you encounter when you enter various pool areas. Stormalong Bay (Yacht and Beach) is considered the best pool on propertyby many people, and they will be checking your resort ID. OKW last week checked our room keys in order to get towels.

From ALL EARS NET:
    Pool hopping between resorts is not allowed, with the following exceptions:

Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members staying at DVC resorts on points may pool hop to any pool except Animal Kingdom Lodge's Uzima pool and the Yacht and Beach Club's Stormalong Bay (unless you are a guest of the Yacht and Beach Club, of course!). Guest ID is regularly checked at Stormalong Bay. At peak times, DVC members are not usually allowed to pool hop. The blackout dates are published in the DVC newsletters.

Guests of the All Star Resorts (Movies, Music or Sports) may use any All Star Resort pool.

Guests of Port Orleans-French Quarter and Port Orleans-Riverside may use any pool at the Port Orleans resorts.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

WVParkfan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Perhaps "pool hopping" isn't such a good idea... well, what they don't know won't hurt them. Regardless, any more opinions on the best pool areas at Disney??

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    this was an easy answer for me: STORMALONG BAY!!!! the Y&B's pool is by far the best in my humble opinon...great slide, i love the sand bottom, the whirlpool, and ok the fact that i got hit on by a hottie lifeguard a few years ago doesn't hurt either...lol...it is just my fave pool and i love the hotel too! it's really one of the only pools we set aside at least an afternoon(or a few if possible depending on length of stay) to hit up.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan
    Perhaps "pool hopping" isn't such a good idea... well, what they don't know won't hurt them.
    Good luck!
    Just don't be surprised if you are not permitted to enter or asked to leave. Surprisingly, I did see someone get turned away at OKW trying to get a towel. (I never saw that happen at my home resort at the BWV.)

Regardless, any more opinions on the best pool areas at Disney??

What is you definition of a good pool? Themeing? Size? Noise level? Slide? Spa/Sauna/Sand/Quiet Pool areas nearby? Food?

These are pools I have the most experience with:

Boardwalk has a nice pool area, it's called Luna Park. It's themed like a 1920s amusement park. Attached is Keister Coaster, a fun water slide that kids love. The spa is located near the slide, and on the other side of the pool is Leaping Horse Libations where you can grab a quick bite and/or drinks. It's themed like a carousel.

OKW recently added a slide to their main pool area. It's themed like a huge sand castle. It looks pretty. Nearby is a kiddie pool, huge spa, sauna, food, (Good's Food to Go), and drinks (The Gurgling Suitcase).

ASMu has the piano pool, which we used more frequently since it was quieter than the guitar pool. The guitar pool is closer to the food/drinks and has the Three Caballeros as a squirting fountain.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    well, what they don't know won't hurt them.
    Like Aladdin says - "you're only in trouble if you get caught."

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    The Polynesian has a nice pool with a waterfall slide...nice atmosphere with the beach not very far down the path.
    Question about this. When I was donw there in 2001, the pool at the Polynesian had an errupting volcano. Halfway through our trip...the thing broke and never errupted again. My sister was down in 2003 and she said that she never saw it errupt either. Do they still do this or did the machine break completley?
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Didn't see it erupt when I was there last year at all. They have a waterfall off the side of it into the pool, and the zero-entry facing the beach is a nice feature. If you listen under water you can hear Polynesian music being played (speakers are in the side walls, and it's not very loud so you might need to find one to hear it).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page