Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss I Still Like POP Century! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by smith913 We are Pop people, too! It feels like home now when I go back. Last week, we saw the new construction with AofA. The kids asked ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: I Still Like POP Century!

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    We are Pop people, too! It feels like home now when I go back. Last week, we saw the new construction with AofA. The kids asked if we could stay there next time. I said yes, but now . . . not sure if I could part with Pop Century! My DH wants to go back to ASMovies. He said he will never forget the feeling of our first visit. It holds something special for him!
    We stayed at Allstar Movies once several years ago,when my girls were a lot younger,but they were either pre-teen or just turned 15 and 13,can't remember.But we didn't care for that resort quite as much because of so many families there were a lot of younger kids,and toddlers and even babies.I love kids so don't misunderstand me,but when we stayed there and my girls being older,the magic wasn't there and we could not relate to others that still had younger children.But as far as the actual scenery and theme,it was great!But since families with young and very young kids stay there,we won't stay there any longer.Our first on property resort to stay at was Allstar Sports,and that was only because I had pre-paid for one night at a motel in Kissimmee.We got there and as I drove on 192 past Disney property,something kept telling me,go check accommodations.So I went up and turned around and headed back to Disney property and went to the allstar music resort.(I am a musician).I checked their prices and compared it to the off property price,and for a mere $200 more,we could stay at the sports resort for the remainder of our trip after the first night at the pre-paid motel in Kissimmee.No availability for allstar music that trip.That sunday morning we got up and I checked out of the motel and we went to the sports resort and checked in and stayed there for our first on-porperty stay at WDW! It was great! That was in 2000,and every year since we have stayed on property.Music 4 times,POP 2 times,Caribbean Beach 1 time.So when we get back to WDW,we will either stay at POP or the new Art of Animation resort.However,I just watched some video footage of Port Orleans Riverside,and if money allows,we might try that place.I like to type books,as you can tell.LOL.
    Park Hopper Dad!

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

We have only stayed at the Values. All Star Sports, AS Movies and POP. I have entertained the idea of staying in a mod but I just can't justify the cost when all we do is sleep and shower there. POP is definitely our favorite. The FC and the bus transportation is much better than the All Stars. Maybe someday, someday we will try a mod. But right now for us the POP is great. We hit the parks hard all day everyday. As long as the room is clean and comfortable I am a happy camper.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    We have only stayed at the Values. All Star Sports, AS Movies and POP. I have entertained the idea of staying in a mod but I just can't justify the cost when all we do is sleep and shower there. POP is definitely our favorite. The FC and the bus transportation is much better than the All Stars. Maybe someday, someday we will try a mod. But right now for us the POP is great. We hit the parks hard all day everyday. As long as the room is clean and comfortable I am a happy camper.
    You sound like me.A room is a room is a room.Pop is our fav also.Even though I'm a musician I still like POP.We have stayed at allstar music 4 times so I believe that's it for us there.
    One thing though,if you do decide to stay at a moderate,at least at Caribbean beach,be prepared to drive around the corner the short distance to eat at the POP food court.CBR food court was horrible.Very little to no choices to pick from and they sure don't know how to cook there.At least back then.So as I mentioned somewhere on that trip if we didn't eat supper in a park,we drove to POP every night to eat.We rarely leave the disney property just to eat.It's either in a park or POP food court or downtown disney for us.
    Park Hopper Dad!

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I have not stayed at Pop yet, not that I am against it (I have stayed at the other 3 value resorts), but I just have an issue with where it is located on poperty - it must take a long time to get to where you want to go! How does everyone feel about the transportation to and from the parks?

Keep in mind, my parents are DVC members owning at Boardwalk, so we are used to either walking or taking a boat to DHS and EPCOT, I think I've been spoiled!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I have not stayed at Pop yet, not that I am against it (I have stayed at the other 3 value resorts), but I just have an issue with where it is located on poperty - it must take a long time to get to where you want to go! How does everyone feel about the transportation to and from the parks?

Keep in mind, my parents are DVC members owning at Boardwalk, so we are used to either walking or taking a boat to DHS and EPCOT, I think I've been spoiled!
    You silly Dope! LOL! Actually the buses are much better at POP than the allstars.One bus per destination at POP.UNlike allstars where one bus goes through all three resorts before leaving the allstar resort area.Bus queues are spaced out better with chains designating each line,with signs posting destinations.Pop is actually a lot closer to everything than allstars.Allstars is closest to Animal Kingdom,but POP is right behind Caribbean Beach resort which sits behind Epcot.You get anywhere on a bus quicker from POP than from Allstars except to AK.However,for our last 3-5 trips to WDW we started just using our van instead of buses.Parking is free in a theme park parking lot with your resort parking permit.it save stime waiting for a bus and then wondering if it will be packed out or not.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12