Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss I Still Like POP Century! in the Vacation Planning forums; Howdy Yall! I'm back! yep! It's little ole me,park hopper dad.I've been gone way too long I know,and I know some of yall missed me.Well fret not yourselves,I'm back.Seems I ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I Still Like POP Century!

Howdy Yall! I'm back! yep! It's little ole me,park hopper dad.I've been gone way too long I know,and I know some of yall missed me.Well fret not yourselves,I'm back.Seems I needed to take a hiatius for a while.The forums got somewhat boring for me so I left.Since my return I see the site name has changed and I'm sure other stuff as well that I haven't noticed yet.
    Update:I am once again without a job.After losing my good paying job back in '08,I landed a job for the last two years but I lost that job back in August.No need to worry though;I have a God that is much bigger than my problems and he definitely takes care of me.
    On a sad note:we still have not been back to WDW.Our last trip to WDW was in oct of '07 just months before I lost my job.So my WDW brothers and sisters(yall know we are all family here), yall please keep me in your prayers that the good Lord will bless me with a really good income for this upcoming 2012,so that I can not only pay bills and survive(as we have been doing), but that we may join all of you at WDW! I can't wait and we are looking forward to seeing the changes that have occurred in the parks since '07.So glad to be back,chat with yall soon!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Re: I Still Like POP Century!

As yall will notice in the above post,I never mentioned anything about POP Century.Well,sorry,but I forgot.LOL! What I would have said above is,I like POP because it has atmosphere.You feel different when staying there;I guess it's that Disney magic in the air.But we have stayed at all four value resorts and a moderate once,and we still find that POP does it for us.So anyway,yall post some comments about POP and let's go!
    Park Hopper Dad!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well Welcome Back! Yes, we missed you!

So what line of work are you in, just in case some southern member knows of something, you just never know where opportunity knocks.

Have you been following the Animation Resort, next time you return to Pop you will likely be able to cross that beautiful dead end bridge.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well Welcome Back! Yes, we missed you!

So what line of work are you in, just in case some southern member knows of something, you just never know where opportunity knocks.

Have you been following the Animation Resort, next time you return to Pop you will likely be able to cross that beautiful dead end bridge.
    Well,I've been in construction for over 20 years and it paid very well.But if possible,I'd love to get completely out of construction.But as for now,I work for the Lord.he provides me my jobs.I just finished a two week job re-painting a condo,so he will open a door for another job soon.
    I have seen some of the Animation resort progress.I know exactly where it is,being that we've stayed at POP.it's just across hourglass lake.maybe we will stay there in upcoming trips.thanks for the welcome back.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Welcome back to the boards!

As for POP, it is my favorite of the value resorts to be sure. I think it has the nicest theming of all of them, however, I have to say I prefer the moderate and deluxe resorts. Most of them seem to have better bus transportation and a better central location to the parks than the value resorts. And though I think POP has be best theming of the values, I admit I like the more realistic theming of the moderate/deluxe resorts over the "larger than life" style that the values sport.

That is a very good point! Why is it that the values are on the cheesier side and as soon as you hit the moderate level that goes away? I do understand some guests really enjoy them and yay! for them but you'd think they would tone down one of the values.

The only thing that comes to mind is the actual architecture of the value resorts is minimal so maybe Disney can economically punch up the resort with the BIG theming inside and out. Don't know.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I understand that yall prefer moderates over values,heck,I would too if I could afford it more easily.I can't and I don't pretend to be something I'm not.We stayed at the Carribbean beach resort once,and I really wasn't impressed at all.Yeah the grounds were more landscaped than the values,but the rooms weren't at all that much more impressive than a value room.it was slightly bigger and a curtain to privatise the wash area,and a cabinet unit with the tv in it.Other than that,I didn't see any big diffference than a value.Also the CBR food court S**.We ate there once and was totally unimpressed.We drove the short distance to POP to eat when not in a park.
    Anyway,that's just me.I'm not rich,I'm not even upper middle class and I don't care who knows.I am an average "joe",an honest man,a Christian man,and I live as best as I can.We did WDW for 10 yrs in a row and now we have been cut back for a period until the Lord sees fit to allow more income coming into my household again.Until then,I will come into this site and chat with you folks about the"happiest place on earth"! LOL!
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 10-20-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    Park Hopper Dad!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

welcome back!!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I understand that yall prefer moderates over values,heck,I would too if I could afford it more easily.I can't and I don't pretend to be something I'm not.We stayed at the Carribbean beach resort once,and I really wasn't impressed at all.Yeah the grounds were more landscaped than the values,but the rooms weren't at all that much more impressive than a value room.it was slightly bigger and a curtain to privatise the wash area,and a cabinet unit with the tv in it.Other than that,I didn't see any big diffference than a value.Also the CBR food court S**.We ate there once and was totally unimpressed.We drove the short distance to POP to eat when not in a park.
    Anyway,that's just me.I'm not rich,I'm not even upper middle class and I don't care who knows.I am an average "joe",an honest man,a Christian man,and I live as best as I can.We did WDW for 10 yrs in a row and now we have been cut back for a period until the Lord sees fit to allow more income coming into my household again.Until then,I will come into this site and chat with you folks about the"happiest place on earth"! LOL!
    We always seem to gravitate to the moderates. We have done Pop and explored the rest. Even the new rooms at animation do not sit well with me. But that isn't being snobby that is I don't like that type of decorating. I am seeing that now in the rooms at POR. The Princess rooms that will open soon. I love the Mansions and am so happy they are only converting some of these rooms 'cause that would drive me batty.
    I love the Caribbean's pool for younger kids. So much fun to be had in that pool.

I had your moment when we stayed at AKL in a standard pool view room.
    Inside the room it wasn't really any better than POR. The one thing I like about the deluxe resorts is the inside hallways, nobody looking in at you as they pass on by. I also hear you about food. Not a fan of FC food court at all. We opened that hotel back in 91. The food court was very different back then.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    We always seem to gravitate to the moderates. We have done Pop and explored the rest. Even the new rooms at animation do not sit well with me. But that isn't being snobby that is I don't like that type of decorating. I am seeing that now in the rooms at POR. The Princess rooms that will open soon. I love the Mansions and am so happy they are only converting some of these rooms 'cause that would drive me batty.
    I love the Caribbean's pool for younger kids. So much fun to be had in that pool.

I had your moment when we stayed at AKL in a standard pool view room.
    Inside the room it wasn't really any better than POR. The one thing I like about the deluxe resorts is the inside hallways, nobody looking in at you as they pass on by. I also hear you about food. Not a fan of FC food court at all. We opened that hotel back in 91. The food court was very different back then.
    What are you referring to when you say the Mansions? Also what are you referring to when you say FC food court?I don't know what FC is.What am I not comprehending?
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    What are you referring to when you say the Mansions? Also what are you referring to when you say FC food court?I don't know what FC is.What am I not comprehending?
    Port Orleans is now divided into three, the French Quarter, the Lobby side of Riverside is the Bayous, rustic and across the river on at POR is the Mansion buildings. Yes they are stately Mansions.

Maybe you can see why I love staying here! here is a link to all ears that shows all the rooms and a quick tour video of Port Orleans.

Yes Food Court or Quick Service QS as it should be stated. Ooop.

I'll try and get the link to All Ears for POR stick, again.

Port Orleans - Riverside Photos

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Well I have to say that Pop Century has probably become my favorite place to stay. We're always looking for the alternatives and have stayed at a few but for the value and convienence of Pop we always seem to revert back there as of late. What can I say?? Disney definitely got it right with this resort!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    Well I have to say that Pop Century has probably become my favorite place to stay. We're always looking for the alternatives and have stayed at a few but for the value and convienence of Pop we always seem to revert back there as of late. What can I say?? Disney definitely got it right with this resort!!
    Once again,it's good to see there are people that also appreciate the value resorts as well.We stayed at Carribbean beach Resort once,and for the extra money I had to pay to stay there,I was very unimpressed.The rooms weren't much bigger than a value room and the grounds weren't that fantasticlly landscaped;not to me,even though I did like the sand and hammocks close to each building.The food court ***! We ate there for lunch the day we checked in and never again the whole rest of the trip.We drove over to POP or ate in a park.No more than we are in the room and the resort grounds,it doesn't pay to stay in a moderate or a deluxe.If you're gonna stay in a modrate or deluxe,then just plan to stay there the whole trip and never leave the resort property and never go to a park.Then maybe the expense would be worth it.But since that never happens,I'll stick with the values.
    Park Hopper Dad!

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

We are Pop people, too! It feels like home now when I go back. Last week, we saw the new construction with AofA. The kids asked if we could stay there next time. I said yes, but now . . . not sure if I could part with Pop Century! My DH wants to go back to ASMovies. He said he will never forget the feeling of our first visit. It holds something special for him!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast