Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Off site hotels in the Vacation Planning forums; Possibly looking to stay off site next year. We've only every stayed on property. Has anyone every stayed at the Caribe Royal?...
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Off site hotels

Possibly looking to stay off site next year. We've only every stayed on property. Has anyone every stayed at the Caribe Royal?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Off site hotels

Never have. We have stayed at timeshares and have had friends stay at All Star Homes(they really liked it). Can't wait to hear of others' opinions of where they have stayed.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Nope.........never will either.....if I'm going to the ocean for a vacation, I'm staying oceanside, not inland and then travel to the ocean.....I want all the conveniences of being right at my destination spot....

Why we return to WDW year after year is the transportation provided to getting around the property...it's free, I never have to see my car, park or drive....for the few bucks more, we're immersed in the magic for our whole stay....nothing off property interests us, especially the traffic going into and leaving WDW...but if you must....go ahead......we'll always stay on site..

FrankVC is offline A-Ticket holder

The only off property hotel that allows you to take advantage of extra magic hours is the Hilton on hotel plaza blvd. if you for some reason you want to stay off property I would consider that. Otherwise for all the reasons everyone will tell you, staying on property is so much better.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

I stayed at the Sheraton Safari in April and was pleasantly surprised. Some areas with free wifi. Very convenient for local eateries so saved a fortune on food costs. Since I went they have refurbished all the rooms, all very neutral and clean.

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by FrankVC View Post
    The only off property hotel that allows you to take advantage of extra magic hours is the Hilton on hotel plaza blvd. if you for some reason you want to stay off property I would consider that. Otherwise for all the reasons everyone will tell you, staying on property is so much better.
    Before the moderates we did stay at some off site locations, too long ago for a fair recommendation. We have however stayed at the Hilton you have mentioned. They are very nice rooms, well taken care of. Our full service breakfast was free. We used the hotel plaza bus going to the parks and took a bus back to PO and either ferry boated back to DTD or took a bus to PO. It was quicker than waiting for the hotel row bus to shuttle us back at nights end. Now that Hilton guests have EMH privileges it is a good off sight option. A true deluxe hotel at a moderate price.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We have loved the vacation homes just off property.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yep, stayed at the Hilton across from DTD others have mentioned already. Just one night, when we drove down last time, before moving on to the Poly.

Excellent hotel, excellent location. Rooms are large, you're allowed to take advantage of extra magic hours, and the bus station for all WDW locations is right across the street.

Highly, and I mean VERY highly, recommended. Wehn you get right down to it, it's really only "off property" in name only.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Looks like we're about to reserve a condo through All Star vacation homes. This will be our first off property stay. My son, 19, isn't too happy. But the place is beautiful. It's in Reunion FL. Anyone ever stay? I know Lou stayed at a home during the 40hr show.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

MDDisneyFans is offline A-Ticket holder

My Wife and I have stayed off site every time we've gone due to expense. We've stayed at the Wyndham on Hotel Plaza blvd and we really enjoyed it. It is very close to Down Town Disney so you still have a Disney kind of feel. It has a Disney store inside and the pool area is great! If you stay there upgrade to the tower because it makes a really big difference.

We've also stayed at the Radisson resort near Old Town. If you will actually be spending time at the resort I strongly recommend that one. They have a store that sells disney stuff although it is not a Disney store. There is plenty to do at this resort that you can spend an entire day at the resort and still really enjoy yourself. The pools are great, the water slide looks very fun, and they have a family disney movie night in the main lobby area.

Hope this helps!

KevinFSU is offline A-Ticket holder

Staying at the Caribe Royale starting this Thursday. Have read nothing but good things on some other boards, and only 1 1/2 miles from Disney property. Got a great deal on a Mousesavers rate.... 2 bedroom villa for around $180 a night.