Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Indoor Pool in the Vacation Planning forums; A quick search revealed WDW does not have any indoor pools on property. I am sure this is on purpose as you don't want people going to Disney World and ...
    dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Indoor Pool

A quick search revealed WDW does not have any indoor pools on property. I am sure this is on purpose as you don't want people going to Disney World and spending an entire week floating around the pool instead of enjoying the parks.

The last couple times we went staying at Bay Lake Tower (on rented points) in March and Fort Wilderness (campsite RV) in November it was too cool to swim on one or more days. My 4 year old daughter loves to swim and it's the highlight of her vacation so it's disappointing, but we always find something else to do in the parks.

Does anybody have a recommendation for an off-property hotel near WDW with an indoor, partially indoor pool or kids pool?

A hotel within walking distance of DTD would be nice.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Indoor Pool

Nope. Central Florida on a whole is not known to have indoor pools. There are a couple in Kissimmee. The couple that I've known of are not hotels that are in exactly stellar shape anymore. The trade off for a pool indoors isn't really worth it.

Could you alter the months you visit in? Both Typhoon and Blizzard beach have wonderful areas just for small children. Caribbean Beach Hotel has one of the best pools for small children. We've actually done both Blizzard and Typhoon in December/January. It is the luck of the draw with weather. Cold yesterday and today there, will be in the 80's in another day.

Have you ever tried the indoor water parks in our area? Maybe she'd have her fill if you visited one of those just before your trip.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

There used to be some old Holiday/Quality/Ramada Inns right outside the gate that have indoor pools. But, as HG said, I really don't think you'd want to stay in them. Unless they've really upgraded them over the last ten years...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Those indoor pool tend to not be so nice... a little nasty.

pamthefly is offline A-Ticket holder

there is a Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the MarriottVillage has an indoor/outdoor pool. Hotel is decent and, if I remember correctly, the zero entry pool and shallow areas are outside of the building and the indoor portion is the deeper portion of the pool. It is on Vineland near the Outlet mall - not walking distance to DTD.