Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Swaping resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; Our past two trips our family has stayed at POFQ and absolutely loved the resort. When booking our upcoming trip we decided to branch out and made reservations at CSR. ...
    RJPiner is offline A-Ticket holder

Swaping resorts

Our past two trips our family has stayed at POFQ and absolutely loved the resort. When booking our upcoming trip we decided to branch out and made reservations at CSR. We are now 37 days out from check in at CRS. My wife has been reading more reviews of CSR and to say the lest she is concerned. It seems as if there have several negitive reviews about CSR's food service and staff in general not having that "magical" touch that is found at other resorts. Needless to say I don't want to spend 10 days at the most magical place on earth with an unhappy wife; as the old saying goes "If momma is not not happy NO ONE is happy." With all that being said if we get there and my wife is not happy with the resort how hard will it be to swap resorts and who would we need to talk to?

Up until this point we have been very excitied about staying at CSR and continue to be. We only want to enjoy our resort since we are staying for 10 days.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Swaping resorts

Quote Originally Posted by RJPiner View Post
    Our past two trips our family has stayed at POFQ and absolutely loved the resort. When booking our upcoming trip we decided to branch out and made reservations at CSR. We are now 37 days out from check in at CRS. My wife has been reading more reviews of CSR and to say the lest she is concerned. It seems as if there have several negitive reviews about CSR's food service and staff in general not having that "magical" touch that is found at other resorts. Needless to say I don't want to spend 10 days at the most magical place on earth with an unhappy wife; as the old saying goes "If momma is not not happy NO ONE is happy." With all that being said if we get there and my wife is not happy with the resort how hard will it be to swap resorts and who would we need to talk to?

Up until this point we have been very excitied about staying at CSR and continue to be. We only want to enjoy our resort since we are staying for 10 days.
    Although I've never stayed there CSR is a convention resort and from what I've heard is more geared towards the business sect and conventioneers that tend to be at Disney. I've also heard it's very nice but I guess that would just depend on who you are and probably which room you are in. The pictures look good to me and I think the rooms are larger than the other moderate resorts.

I'm thinking swapping resorts would more than likely depend on availabiltiy if not already booked before your stay. We've swapped resorts before but have always had the rooms booked prior to our trip. We've done this on extended stays and although it's nice to change it up a bit it can be a time consuming proposition.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Swaping resorts

Quote Originally Posted by RJPiner View Post

If there is space at POR and/or FC swapping out should not be difficult. I just spent a week, last week at CSR and it is very pretty. I like POR better however branching out and trying new places makes it an adventure. Take more time than I did and study the map a few minutes. The original routes I took were the long way. Ooops. Save your legs and take the bus up front to the Main area then walk back. I wasn't big on the buffet but the Rix was good for a quick bite and we ate so few meals at the hotel. The pools are wonderful, quiet and main. The staff was so nice, not a bad one encountered during my week. They were working on the bus schedules while I was down there. Hope that is fixed by then, longer waits than POR. POR lounge was nicer, but the Margarita bar by the water, very nice. Dining by the lake in the morning with food from the Rix, priceless. Great way to start the morning. For most part the convention folk and vacationing guests do not mix so not an issue. Playground and water play area, hot tub the best I have seen. Rooms are the same size, but have sliding doors by bath area which are a great asset when kids are asleep. They also have leather seat stools to drag out on balcony when the kids are asleep. I tipped daily and we had tons of extra shampoo's, wash cloth critters, towels left daily. All resorts are switching out their in room coffee pots, new coffee, real bad. Be warned. Giggle.

It is fresh in my mind so any more questions just ask.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-29-2012 at 12:24 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.