Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Disney Village Resort... in the Vacation Planning forums; I think that was the name... does anyone know if this place still exists? I remember our room had a lake front, Pleasure Island view along with some river-dinner-boat. I ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Disney Village Resort...

I think that was the name...

does anyone know if this place still exists? I remember our room had a lake front, Pleasure Island view along with some river-dinner-boat.

I haven't heard much about it, have they changed the name?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Isn't that area now the newest DVC resort Saratoga Springs?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

what's DVC? Disney village center?

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    what's DVC? Disney village center?

DVC is Disney Vacation Club, the Disney version of timeshare.
    Saratoga Springs is the newest version of it and it is located in the area that was known as the Disney Institute.

Some of those units did over look the lake and you could see Pleasure Island and the Disney Marketplace from them. They were some of the most roomy places to stay on property, but they lacked the "magic" for most people.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    They were some of the most roomy places to stay on property, but they lacked the "magic" for most people.

very true.. it felt like we were in somebodies house.

coulda swore it was Disney Village though..

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    You are correct, Tampa! It was at one time also known as the Disney Village... I know i have an article about that somewhere...

In fact, it was originally going to be the location of permanent residences that Guests could own... until Disney realized they would all have voting rights.. that put the big kibosh on the project. There were Grand Villas, etc... look for them to eventually all be demolished
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    I also heard a rumor that if you bought one you had a life time pass to the Magic Kingdom which disney stilll has to honor to this day even though the villas are gone.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

I had an ol' girlfriend and her mom take me and we stayed there... if memory serves right, it was a two story pad! I'll never forget the heated pool at 3am...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Here is a link to one of our members sites, I think, that has info about the resort before it became the Disney Institute.

http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/resorts.htm
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property