Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Kidani Village vs Wilderness Lodge Villas in the Vacation Planning forums; Looks like our next trip boils down to one of the villas mentioned above. We'll be looking at a 2 bedroom for me and my wife, our 5 year old ...
    Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Kidani Village vs Wilderness Lodge Villas

Looks like our next trip boils down to one of the villas mentioned above. We'll be looking at a 2 bedroom for me and my wife, our 5 year old son & granny. So tell me which you would choose and why.

Thanks!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Kidani Village vs Wilderness Lodge Villas

I have stayed in the hotel for both of these. Hands down it would be Wilderness Lodge unless you are just infatuated with animals. As lovely as AKL and Village is, it is way the heck out there from everything. The bus rides to everywhere are long and tidus. Even if you are driving, it is 12 miles to the MK. To me the grounds are nicer at WL and I do love the main lobby at WL. AK lobby is beautiful also but the grounds to me are not. Again unless you love looking at the animals.

We ate dinner at AKL last month and went out the back door of the main lobby and viewed the animals. It was nice and enough for me.

Now the upside of AK Lodge was their pool and their Quick Service. It was great and the best resort QS we have had consistently and variety. Its door leads right to the pool with chairs outside, so it is easy to get a refill for mugs while at pool or a bite to eat too. Great set up. I am not sure if Disney ever put a quick service into Kidani Village???? Originally it did not, something to look into.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thanks for the info!

So is there quick service at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge? If not how far of a walk is it to the main lobby of Fort Wilderness? And how far from the Villas to the boat access?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I would imagine the walk to Ft Wilderness to be somewhat considerable, though I have never done it myself. There is a nice, though small, quick service area (nothing compared to what the value resorts have, although they need it more than Wilderness Lodge does. The walk to the boat launch is maybe three or four minutes, depenending on your speed. It's back behind the pool and the geyser. Depending on which door you use, you can cut out some of the trip. The best door to walk from if you're looking for a short cut is the one out near Sturdy Branches that links you to the private pool area.

The Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful hotel, though the dining options are miserable. I rarely eat there and I stay there all the time.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I would imagine the walk to Ft Wilderness to be somewhat considerable, though I have never done it myself. There is a nice, though small, quick service area (nothing compared to what the value resorts have, although they need it more than Wilderness Lodge does. The walk to the boat launch is maybe three or four minutes, depenending on your speed. It's back behind the pool and the geyser. Depending on which door you use, you can cut out some of the trip. The best door to walk from if you're looking for a short cut is the one out near Sturdy Branches that links you to the private pool area.

The Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful hotel, though the dining options are miserable. I rarely eat there and I stay there all the time.
    Oh yeah, I didn't mean to say walk to Fort Wilderness. That's one walk I don't want to do. There is boat transportation to Fort Wilderness from the Wilderness Lodge though?

So the Wilderness Lodge has quick service available?

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Yes- at Wilderness Lodge there is Roaring Forks. It is really good in my opinion. It gets a bit crowded at super busy times but it is so nice to go outside for breakfast and listen to the waterfall as you eat.

The walk from the main lobby of Wilderness Lodge to the Villas is not bad at all. The entrance to the Villas is just off of where there buses come.

I love WL and would love to stay at the Villas some day.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

There is boat transportation that does go to Ft. Wilderness. You can also rent a bicycle surrey or maybe even bicycles and ride between the two.

Excellent info! Thanks so much!

Sounds like it will be a Villa at Wilderness Lodge and a huge plus since we'll be there around the Christmas holidays!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't much care for the Grand Floridian and it's silly gingerbread house. No place... NO PLACE beats WL for Christmas. The music alone is fantastic, let alone the decore and the overall feel.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I have to pick Kidani. I love the museum displays, the savanna views and Sanaa. The night vision goggles and the other activities are terrific
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I have to pick Kidani. I love the museum displays, the savanna views and Sanaa. The night vision goggles and the other activities are terrific
    You like AKL???? Well slap me with the stupid stick!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    You like AKL???? Well slap me with the stupid stick!
    I know I know go figure

I have to say I have never stayed at WLV. Thats the one resort I do need to try
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I know I know go figure

I have to say I have never stayed at WLV. Thats the one resort I do need to try
    I love WL. I did enjoy AKL I just wish they didn't build it so freak'n far out. If they built it on the flip side of AK it would have helped somewhat.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I don't much care for the Grand Floridian and it's silly gingerbread house. No place... NO PLACE beats WL for Christmas. The music alone is fantastic, let alone the decore and the overall feel.

Mike I'm with you here... my family will see it for the first time later this month...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I would choose Kidani

Heres our photo gallery

Kidani Village
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast