Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss First time at Boardwalk in the Vacation Planning forums; We are planning for a trip in February. I've been to the Caribbean Beach (usually my favorite), Beach Club, and All-star resort. This will be our first time at Boardwalk ...
    Artemis908 is offline C-Ticket Holder

First time at Boardwalk

We are planning for a trip in February. I've been to the Caribbean Beach (usually my favorite), Beach Club, and All-star resort. This will be our first time at Boardwalk Inn. Having stayed at the Beach Club before, I know about the convenience of Epcot being right there (it's a big reason why I chose this resort!) but wondering if anyone has any recommendations or tips about staying here. Like is it worth getting a room that faces the boardwalk or will it be too loud at night? Or how about the restaurants? Which ones can I use credits from the dining plan at and is it worth it? Any good place to pick up a quick bite for breakfast?

Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: First time at Boardwalk

try to get a room close to the elevator. The walks can be long if not.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

well i stayed at the Boardwalk wen i was 8 and it was good the rooms are great you cant here the Boardwalk at night. it's all on can you afford it? and i think you can
    Last edited by nicholas; 06-20-2012 at 02:52 AM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I have never stayed at the Boardwalk but my sister stays with her SIL's family in a two bedroom there. It is beautiful inside those rooms. They always get a suite that is ground level. Breakfast has been the downfall around there, Beach has better choices. They generally eat breakfast in the Suite because of it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Just stayed 5 nights at the Boardwalk and I was hugely disappointed

The tub was clogged and it took them over a day to send someone up to fix it. The ceiling leaked one day. The painting had mold on it. And they forgot to give us chairs for the balcony. Not to mention we were about a days hike from the lobby

I nhave stayed at the resort many times before and enjoyed it. But never again

We spent 3 nights at Kidani which is hands down a superior resort
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

There's a bakery on the Boardwalk, which seems like the idea place to get a little Danish or cinnamon roll for breakfast, and I know they take DDP. Kat Kouzzina and Flying Fish also take DDP, though one is a 2-pointer- I can never remember which one.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

The Fish I believe is the 2 pointer
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I stayed here in 2009 before a Disney Cruise and loved it. As DVC members we have always stayed at OKW. But the boardwalk is great I think they recently refurbed alot of the rooms although most rooms when I were there are still in great shape. As stated above make sure you get a room close to the elevator it can be a 5 minute plus walk to the nearest elevator depending on your room. If your on the ground floor try and get a room close to the pool/arcade area where there is a door to get outside. The food options are plentiful although there is no food court there are plenty of stands to get a quick snack especially the bakery and there are also sit down restaurants as someone mentioned above. The pool is very nice and the water slide is fun but idk how much swimming you would do in February lol. I think I mentioned all the big things, if you have any other questions let me know
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Check out this blog on all ears.net about the boardwalk very interesting

BoardWalk Promenade - Part 1 of 2 (The
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad