Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Port Orleans French Quarter question! in the Vacation Planning forums; So this June will be my 7th time in WDW but my first at POFQ! Me and my dad love getting up early to get coffee and sit outside of ...
    goofy12 is offline A-Ticket holder

Port Orleans French Quarter question!

So this June will be my 7th time in WDW but my first at POFQ! Me and my dad love getting up early to get coffee and sit outside of the food court at the resorts we've stayed at. My question for those of you who have stayed here is whether or not there is a good place to take your coffee (and pecan roll) and sit outside and just eat/drink. Thanks for your help!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."- Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Port Orleans French Quarter question!

Back to the pool facing food court, this is to your left. It is off the main walkways and benches around it. So peaceful and the soft trickle of the water fountain.

One morning a horticulture CM was planting flowers methodically. It was nice to just sit and watch, drinking my coffee. Hopefully NesCafe will be gone by then and Joffery coffee will be the staple at the FC by then.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

OK, I'm going to try this again, my previous post went to moderation and never floated back.

In courtyard your back to pool, facing QS restaurant, go left past the store and keep going. You will come to a fountain, a large one surrounded by flowers. There are benches that surround the fountain circle. It is off the main path to the left so out of the way of the hustle of guests and the quiet sounds of water from the fountain.

One day while I was having coffee early in the morning waiting for DS to get ready a Horticulture CM was planting new flowers methodically. It was a nice way to start an early morning.

And with any luck you will have the new Joffrey Coffee instead of NesCafe at the FC by then.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

This is at the back side of the resort, the dock is here for the ferry. It also has some benches and is peaceful in the morning and late night. It does connect all the way to the sister half of resort, Port Orleans Riverside a ten to fifteen minute walk.

On the flip side of the resort, this is my second favorite fountain.

My favorite night time tranquil haunt is the hot tub at this resort. It is away from the pool area and kinda hidden.

goofy12 is offline A-Ticket holder

Those places look perfect! Is there any areas that have tables and chairs? As in outdoor dining area?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."- Walt Disney