Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Where would you stay? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm taking my daughter, to WDW in February of 2014, for her 3rd birthday. Obviously, I want to make it special, but I'm still on a budget. There will be ...
    Robyn_Johnson is offline A-Ticket holder

Where would you stay?

I'm taking my daughter, to WDW in February of 2014, for her 3rd birthday. Obviously, I want to make it special, but I'm still on a budget. There will be 4 adults and her, she will be 2 when she travels, so from what I understand, we can all stay in 1 room. So here is my question......

Out of the list below, where would you stay, and why?

• Contemporary Garden Wing
    • Wilderness Lodge
    • Port Orleans - Riverside

I do have my own reasoning for all of them, but I'm looking for anyone else's input to make the decision a little easier.

Thanks,

Robyn

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Where would you stay?

Contemporary, definitely. Short walk to monorail that grants you access to two parks.

With a youngin' and a stroller I would want to avoid the buses as much as possible. It's not that it would be a horrible experience, but the convenience would be hard to beat.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

When my DD was 2 months and DS was 4 we grand opened the FC, we moved the next year to POR.

If you stay at POR we took an umbrella stroller. The pool is great for little kids, great playground, so much to choose from in food court and you return from the parks to a peaceful place. The rooms have a curtain around the bath area where people can change away from sleeping area. The tub and toilet are in a different area from the double sinks. You are also close to quiet rooms which have their own showers and toilets which might be helpful with 5 in a room.If you request a Bayou, there is a murphy bed too. POR now also has queen beds. The ferry to DTD is very nice, my kids always loved it. They also have small bikes for little ones, helmets and training wheels.

The thing I don't like about the Contemporary is it is a tourist attraction so it is never peaceful and you have to truck through the lobby area to get to the pool. It is harder to eat at the Contemporary because it is a destination for other guests. The upside though is the rooms are larger than POR with 4 adults and the monorail and launches.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Avoiding a bus is really I think at the top of my list. That's why I was thinking Contemporary as well, but what do you thing about riding the boat from Wilderness Lodge? It seems to fit a little better into my budget than the Contemporary.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Not a bad idea as you can essentially grab a monorail from the MK to access Epcot as well.

As for having to go through the lobby to get to the pool at the Contemporary, that won't be an issue since you'll be in the garden wing which puts you as close to the pool as you can get there.

Also, we ate at the Contempo Cafe the weekend before Christmas last year, which was an incredibly busy day and had no problems getting in and getting a table. So I wouldn't worry about that being an issue.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but I'm a huge Contemporary nerd so I'll always recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I'm a huge Contemporary nerd so I'll always recommend it.
    I know the feeling, it beautiful. My husband and I stayed there the last time we went. It's still close to the top of my list.

We were obviously separated at birth.

Let us know what your decision ends up being, and please post a trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    We were obviously separated at birth.
    I knew it! lol! I sometimes feel like I was separated at birth from a lot of the people in the forum. Till I started listening to the podcast, and signed up here, I thought maybe I was the only person on the face of this planet that loved Disney so much.