Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Questions on Pop Century in the Vacation Planning forums; We have booked our trip for 9/4-9/12/13 and will be staying at the Pop Century. We have never stayed there we usually stay at POR but booked Pop to save ...
    cozz is offline A-Ticket holder

Questions on Pop Century

We have booked our trip for 9/4-9/12/13 and will be staying at the Pop Century. We have never stayed there we usually stay at POR but booked Pop to save a little money. Should we pay extra for a preferred room or stick with the standard we're just not sure how far the walks are to reach the Food court and buses. I sure hope the crowd levels wont be a problem at this time too.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Questions on Pop Century

A preferred room usually means you are facing in towards the pools instead of the parking lots or facing other buildings. We chose preferred out last two trips and were placed in the 50's section (Also known as the Lady and the Tramp area or the Bowling Pin building). The walk wasn't horrible. The 60's buildings are closer to the food court area but the problem is the pool there is also the most popular so the noise level is obviously higher.

Our first stay ever at Pop was in the 70's section. Now that was a haul!

Pop has a lot of pros. They don't share buses with the other resorts. So once you get your bus, you go straight to your destination. No stopping at the next resort with the exception of the AK bus which stops at Blizzard Beach.

We weren't very pleased with the new menu offerings in the food court though. Lot's of changes and so far I haven't seen a post online of the new menu.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort