Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Moderate or Value in the Vacation Planning forums; Unfortunately my only free week this summer is 4th of July week... yikes! I realize the crowds will be ridiculous and I'm trying to prepare myself for it. My question ...
    iwannabindisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Moderate or Value

Unfortunately my only free week this summer is 4th of July week... yikes! I realize the crowds will be ridiculous and I'm trying to prepare myself for it. My question is which resort do you think will be less crowded. We are juggling between Pop and French Quarter, it's roughly a $300 difference with my discount.

There's nothing I hate more than coming out of a park at night and seeing the lines for the All Star resorts quadrupled in size compared to the others! Do you think the bit of extra money will help avoid this or does the whole "pop has great bus service" saying make the difference?

Opinions will be greatly appreciated because I keep going back and forth

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Moderate or Value

I think Pop's bus service makes the difference. It and AoA are on their own bus loop.

Other than the bus issue, it comes down to how much time you plan on staying in your resort to justify the $300 difference. We don't spend much time there so spending the money for a moderate is a waste for us.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabindisney View Post
    Unfortunately my only free week this summer is 4th of July week... yikes! I realize the crowds will be ridiculous and I'm trying to prepare myself for it. My question is which resort do you think will be less crowded. We are juggling between Pop and French Quarter, it's roughly a $300 difference with my discount.

There's nothing I hate more than coming out of a park at night and seeing the lines for the All Star resorts quadrupled in size compared to the others! Do you think the bit of extra money will help avoid this or does the whole "pop has great bus service" saying make the difference?

Opinions will be greatly appreciated because I keep going back and forth
    In a heartbeat I'd stay in FC over Pop and Pop would be the only value I'd consider staying in. The 4th is indeed crowded and for that reason I'd like to go back to a nice, tranquil hotel. Their hot tub is secluded too, away from the main pool and dragon slide, nice real late at night. You're not far from POR lounge which is a hoot and POR food court and sit down dining. FC is beautiful at night and quiet. I like POR mansions better however FC is my close runner up and the bus stop isn't far even from the farthest building. This also makes the run for coffee to their QS area fast or so easy to get a soda refill while at the pool, a minute at best away. The ferryboat down to DTD is a lovely trip especially in the evening.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

FC is usually less crowded and its more hectic at value resorts for sure bc I had no choice but to go down that week last yr as well. But in the end its really just a spot to rest your head and sleep, who has time really to sit at the hotel all day , not me lol
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music