Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop, All Star Music or Ft. Wilderness? in the Vacation Planning forums; My wife & I are taking our 4 daughters (ages 3 through 6) to WDW for the first time in November. We have never stayed in a Disney resort. The ...
    Big D is offline A-Ticket holder

Pop, All Star Music or Ft. Wilderness?

My wife & I are taking our 4 daughters (ages 3 through 6) to WDW for the first time in November. We have never stayed in a Disney resort. The travel agent has recommended 2 adjoining rooms at Pop Century, a family suite at All Star Music or a Cabin at Ft. Wilderness, all of which are about the same price. With respect to hotel accommodations, I'm more interested in the kids experiencing the Disney flash & pageantry rather than "creature comforts.". Any recommendations on which of these 3 places would be best for us?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Pop, All Star Music or Ft. Wilderness?

While my family has done adjoining rooms at Disney, my kids were older when we did it, 5 & 10. You'll get the flash at All Star but not at the cabins. I'd in that situation still choose the cabins with 4 young ones. There is lots to do at that resort when taking a break from the parks and there is a deck and grass for the kids to blow off some energy. You will also have more room to negotiate in the cabins. The downside is the transportation from that resort is tough but it is also at the All Star resorts too. Pop of the three has the better of the bus services and the resort is big but not ginormous. And two bathrooms. Boy, hard choices.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've never been huge on the idea of Ft Wilderness. Mind you, I've never stayed there, but I just don't get it. I've stayed at All Star Movies once but that was about it. If I'm visiting Disney, I am going to stay at movies, not Sports or Music. I haven't been into Pop's rooms, but I did eat at their food court one time and enjoyed it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

sriddagh is offline A-Ticket holder

Of all the value resorts we like Pop Century best and have stayed there 3 times. It is very nice and I like the food court there the best. You can also take a walk over the bridge to visit and check out Art of Animation. We like walking around the grounds at Pop also, it seems the lake adds just a little more calm to it. Have not stayed in cabins but my daughter did last week and was not overly impressed as far as Disney Resorts go. She is a cast member as has pretty much been to them all. She said of course it has all the Disney charm and excitement as the others just that the cabins were nothing special. But if I am not mistaken (I could be wrong) since I have not been to Fort Wilderess, I think the location of Pop is further out from Magic Kingdom, but closer to the other parks. Enjoy your trip no matter where you stay! Gotta love WDW!

disneyfire is offline A-Ticket holder

Music by a mile!!
    Camping.....just not my thing to do...sooo not 21st century.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Pop.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

I agree Pop is great.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'd say adjoining rooms at Pop Century would be the way to go. Mom can stay in one room with 2 children and Dad in the other with the other 2. We've done adjoining rooms at Pop numerous times and really like being able to spread out at less of the cost of a suite. The suites at All Star music will more expensive plus the sleeping may get a little cramped and uncomfortable.