Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tink73
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Anyone went to the Polynesian lately? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello fellow Disney lovers I hope you're all well and happy! I wanted to see if any of you stayed at the Polynesian recently and how is the site with ...
    Tink73 is offline A-Ticket holder

Anyone went to the Polynesian lately?

Hello fellow Disney lovers
    I hope you're all well and happy!

I wanted to see if any of you stayed at the Polynesian recently and how is the site with the construction...

I've heard they are remodeling quite a lot...
    I saw a rumor where they were talking about closing the big pool late summer. I did call the hotel to ask but they said that so far the pool was not schedule to close during that time.

I'm thinking about going back in September and it's my favorite hotel.

So any info you might have would be great...

Also if you do love the Poly, but couldn't stay there...which other resort would you pick and why?

Thank you so much for any info you might share!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Anyone went to the Polynesian lately?

I was there a couple times last week. All I can say is don't do it if you are not confortable with lodging in a hotel full of construction on all sides, indoors and out and the noise that goes with it. Ugly doesn't cover it. I have a few photo's of the new dock and DVC units they are building on the dock. Upside they finished the new pier at the TTC so you don't have that mind bending pounding any longer.

And later the 2nd week I was down there the DVD units went vertical. I'll look for those, harder to see cause I was shooting into the sun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Hi HauntedGabe!
    Thank you so much and thank you for taking the time to post pics too.

I think I could deal with constructions as long as the volcano pool was still open...I love that pool...

I won't book my trip until August so hopefully I'll have a better idea of what's going on...

The monorail connects only The Poly, GF and Contemporary right? All the other hotels have buses right?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The Volcano Pool is slated to close in August of 2014 for an extensive period and not reopening until 2015, no date, month or what form it will return as. Disney has put off scheduled rehabs so you could gamble. They put off the closing of Cooks for a few weeks, I did get to go at the beginning of my trip.

mine mine mine

Cooks has already closed for an extensive period also but a temporary location is open for Cooks.
    Tonga toast was alive and well last week.

mine

The Great Cermonial House will go under construction too, the grand waterfall in the lobby is a goner, it was suppose to be gone already however they drained it and refilled it so maybe they were waiting for Easter to be over. It will not be returning.

Tikiman FB

The pier DVC's will be blocking a good chunk of the longhouse resort room views of the themepark view rooms and they are not being offered any longer save a few as that view. Some beach still has some views. Instead you get a look at this, the rooms that will be six car payments for me a night...
    T

Tikiman FB

The torch lighting ceremony has been discontinued, don't know if it will return.

There is also major construction happening parking lot side of the Poly from TTC Monorail almost to the Monorail stop at the Poly. That is a huge walled off area with heavy machinery. (have photo's but my uploaded photo's are not cooperating at the moment.)
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-20-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Wow thank you SO much!!! It surely sounds like it's a big construction site...*sigh*

I might have to take in consideration another hotel.
    Just not sure which one...
    But thanks again so much!!!
    HauntedGabe likes this.