Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Old key west info in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everybody! I was wondering if you could share your experience at Old Key West. I'm considering going this September, alone. I've always stayed at the Poly and I wish ...
    Tink73 is offline A-Ticket holder

Old key west info

Hello everybody!

I was wondering if you could share your experience at Old Key West.
    I'm considering going this September, alone.
    I've always stayed at the Poly and I wish I could stay there again, but way too much construction right now...

I do like the tropical feel in a hotel and Old Key West seems nice...but I've heard many mixed reviews...

Please let me know why you loved it and feel free to share any tips for staying there.

Thank you for your help!

monorailbob is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Old key west info

We stayed at Old Key West in 2011. It's a lovely resort that has a very laid back feel. They have a very nice feature pool area with good activities led by the cast members. My family really enjoyed our time at the pool. The rooms are huge depending on what size you go with. We are a family of 6 so we had a 2 bedroom which is almost 1,400 sq. ft. The balcony was lovely with a big table with four chairs. We found the bus service pretty good. It takes a little while with the internal stops, but once leaving the resort we got to all the parks in under 15 minutes. We did not try Olivia's. Goods to go was a little disappointing to us both with quality of food and that there is no indoor seating. I know this was just refurbished so hopefully it's improved. We really enjoyed Gurgling Suitcase for a drink. It's small, but has an intimate feel to it. My children who are 20,20,16,13 keep asking when we can go back to OKW. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to stay here.

Tink73 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Old key west info

Thank you so much for your reply! It's very helpful...