Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Boardwalk Inn at Christmas in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone, I haven' been around for awhile but I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question. We've never stayed at BWI and decided to try it this ...
    MinnieSummer is offline A-Ticket holder

Boardwalk Inn at Christmas

Hey everyone, I haven' been around for awhile but I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question. We've never stayed at BWI and decided to try it this Christmas. (My husband really liked the idea of being able to walk back to our room after the Candlelight Processional/Illuminations at Epcot on Christmas Day instead of walking all the way to the front and then waiting for a bus.) Anyway, I can't find anyone who has stayed there for Christmas and am wondering if the decorations are really good or if they are just so-so. I cancelled my reservation at CR last year because of the lack of decorations and switched to WL which had great decorations. Now I'm wondering if I will have to do the same thing. Also, do they have holiday entertainment on the Boardwalk? It would be an added bonus if they did.

Your help would be appreciated.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Boardwalk has beautiful decorations with a gingerbread display and all

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    The Boardwalk has great Christmas decorations! Very elegant and right with the early 20th century theme. The year that I worked over there they had a big chocolate model of a seaside amusement park that was awsome. As I recall there was a flute choir and carolers on the Boardwalk as well.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The Boardwalk is one of the best resorts decorated for Christmas along with the Grand Floridian and Beach/Yacht Clubs. I haven't been over to AKL or WL during the holidays.

The lobby smells like chocolate at the Boardwalk because of the chocolate amusement park.

Here are some pictures of the BW during the Christmas Season:

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Those are pretty pictures Amanda!!

MinnieSummer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the pictures Amanda and thanks everyone else for your reassurances. I guess I made the right choice.

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The Boardwalk is decorated so nicely that I make a point of going in the lobby every Christmas season.