Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What restaurant do you like th best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Restaurants I'm Going To in the Vacation Planning forums; What one do you think is the best, out of the following restaurants that I'm going to: Bongos Akershus- Princess Storybook Breakfast Le Celliar Flying Fish Cafe Donald's Breakfastosaurus Artist ...
    Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

Restaurants I'm Going To

What one do you think is the best, out of the following restaurants that I'm going to:

Bongos
    Akershus- Princess Storybook Breakfast
    Le Celliar
    Flying Fish Cafe
    Donald's Breakfastosaurus
    Artist Pointe
    San Angel Inn
    Chef Mickey's- Dinner
    Sci-Fi Dine-In
    Mama Melrose
    Shutters

What do you think of these restauransts, give me your review on any of them. THANKS! p.s. I have the magic your way dining plan

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I love Le Cellier. It is my favorite restaurant in the world showcase. The princess breakfast at Akershus is great. I went with 3 other CMs in our mid 20s and I was afraid we would be ignored in the midst of all the kids but it was fabulous. We didnt have autograph books so our waiter brought us Magical Moments certificates for all of the princesses to sign. I've been to all of the others as well. I liked all of them except Bongos. I think I'm just spoiled though and used to more authentic Cuban food. I did however really enjoy dancing there and the mojitos are pretty good.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I have reviews of Le Cellier and Artist Point from my last trip on DWT.
    Le Cellier Review
    Artist Point Review
    The pictures used to be there until Lou did an update. The corresponding pictures of some of the food is in my gallery.

We had bad experiences at San Angel Inn and Donald's and have no plans to return. Both had poor service and mediocre to bad food.

Bongos was pretty good from what I could tell. I don't know how authentic is for Cuban food, we enjoyed it.

Sci-Fi is a fun atmosphere, and remember that is what you are paying for at this one. It's just you average chain restaurant food in a cool dining room.

Mama Melrose's is a standard Italian type place, nothing to write home about. Not wonderful or awful, just in the middle.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Chef Mickey's for dinner is a great buffet and a lot of fun. It can be quite noisy and crowded, but the food was good for a character buffet.

Le Cellier is delicious, much more 'adult'. Don't miss the cheddar cheese soup or the maple creme brulee!

I have to agree with Amanda's assessments of Sci Fi and Mama Melrose. The milk shakes at Sci Fi are good, and the flatbreads were good at Mama's.

I haven't tried the others (yet!) sorry!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I could only vote for the one place I have been, Donald's Breakfastsaurus. I have been to Chef Mickeys - but it was breakfast.

Both were good food and fun.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I guess I didn't notice San Angel Inn on the list before. I was not a fan of that restaurant either. The atmosphere is really neat though. It reminded me of eating at the Blue Bayou on POTC at DL. I was happier with the nachos and margaritas at the counter service right across the way.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i can only speak for Sci-Fi and i agree with the other opinions, though i have found that the food has improved in the last few years..we go for the atmosphere and the movie reel!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Well they are all so different that its hard to decide exactly which one. I have been to Chef Mickey's a few times(when i was 2,4,9,16) and each time i loved it, well that i can remember. The food is less extravagent, but the characters are the best bc its mickey, minnie, goofy, pluto , chip and dale plus donald in the entrance/waiting area. It does get noisy because its "party central" and the moneral comes in a floor above.
    Ive been to many of the Disney restaurants, but none of those except for the Sci-Fi but i was 4 so i dont think i can make a good assessment of it except that i want to go back to it
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    My favorite on my trip was Le Celliar. A close second was Flying Fish Cafe, I think it is so overlooked, its is so good!

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Princess Breakfast is really nice. Instead of the 'furry' characters, the princesses interact and converse with guests. Really magical for everyone. Great photo ops too- and if you watch carefully, you'll notice that us guys are quite happy to jump up for a picture, too.
    Gee, I wonder why?????

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I said Le Cellier(cheese soup and hot pretzel sticks)out of all those but that was kind of a toss up. If you have young princesses in your group. I would go for the Princess Breakfast as I think this will be more Magical for the little ones.

Tinkerbell2293 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Probably around somewhere... most likely quoting Pirates.... or maybe not...
    Since I have never eaten at some of these places *dodges tomatoes at being so inexperienced* I can't form opinions. Of the ones I have eaten at, Chef Mickey's for dinner was my favorite.
    "I guess I should explain/ I've got this problem with my brain/ Things get really scrambled in my head/ I have no short-term memory/ I forget things almost instantly/ I don't even know what I just said.../ Can I help you?" -Dory, Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Wishing I was at Disney World!

Me = Pirates Fan!! Yoho yoho a pirate's life for me! AAAARRRRRGGGG!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Adventureland- Frontierland-Fantasyland- Liberty Square- Mickey's Toontown Fair- Tomorrowland- Main St, USA-

"Stupid fish!" "Technically, it's a cephalopod."

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    if 50's was on there its a diferent story
    #1 FAN

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Mama Melrose is nice, cause can get Fantasmic tickets with it. I wouldn't go see Fantasmic any other way,

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Bongos is great because of the food and the atmosphere, but charater breakfasts are always good fun! (even without kids!)
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed