Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss moderate resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; what is the best moderate resort to stay at for a family that includes adults, college aged kids, teenagers and maybe a younger child (like 8 or 9)? i never ...
    judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder

moderate resorts

what is the best moderate resort to stay at for a family that includes adults, college aged kids, teenagers and maybe a younger child (like 8 or 9)? i never stayed at any of them and am not sure which is the best, most fun, convenient, etc.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by judycats
    what is the best moderate resort to stay at for a family that includes adults, college aged kids, teenagers and maybe a younger child (like 8 or 9)? i never stayed at any of them and am not sure which is the best, most fun, convenient, etc.

I personally like Port Orleans-French Quarter. It is a cozy resort and has a pool that lots of kids like "Doubloon Lagoon" All Disney resorts allow only 4 people to a normal room. Port Orleans-Rivereside is an exception, they have some rooms that have trundle beds that should be able to sleep the youngest child.

If they all want to travel together and there are more than 4 , they will need 2 rooms. If there are 6 of them, a good alternate choice are the cabins in Fort Wilderness. and the cost would be roughly the same as 2 rooms at another moderate resort.

Hope this helps a little!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator