Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Is concierge level worth it? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Main Street Mag you know the old saying....."if you have to ask, it's too much?".... Deb's web site ( http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm ) lists the prices for each of ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag
    you know the old saying....."if you have to ask, it's too much?".... Deb's web site (http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm) lists the prices for each of the resorts, including the suites. Check it out.

We were extremely fortunate last year when we stayed in the AKL Concierge level. We took advantage of the 7 for 4 that they were offering at the time. We would love to do it again, but it will take something special (and perhaps winning a lotto).
    Thanks for the link. Maybe if I win the lottery or hit in big in Vegas (we go to Vegas in the dead of summer for the lowest rates on the southern strip) I will be able to stay in a suite. For now, the ASMo is all I can afford for 8 nights.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    My best friend is one of the head concierge at the GF. I'm staying concierge next time just so I can have him work for me! But yes, I think concierge is very much worth it for all that they do for you.
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

ladymarganne is offline A-Ticket holder
    DH and I have discovered a better way than concierge...room service! Most of the time when we arrive at a Disney resort, we've found that they can get us a p.s. anywhere except CRT and V&A's. This includes HoopDeeDoo and the luau. However, we usually stay at the YC for Thanksgiving with a Florida resident rate (AP rates are the same) for approx. $170, then indulge for morning coffee/breakfast.....usually just coffee and Danish with fruit approx. $15 for the both of us. Then, at night we enjoy tea and pastries for another $15. So, for about $200 per day we have the *feel* of concierge services without the big $$$ tag! I also like this way much better because I hate having to get dressed in the morning, combing my hair and putting on makeup, and walking somewhere to face a bunch of strangers just to have my morning coffee. I also like breakfast in bed, which to me is the ultimate luxury! Their room service prices for meals is quite acceptable too, and not at all overpriced. You can also leave your order on your doorknob at night with a time that you wish it to be delivered. BTW...this tip was featured in Passporter this year.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    That is a great idea, LadyM! I had noticed at the Polynesian that the room service rates were not as high as one might have expected, too. Having it brought in to the room, the tablecloth & real flatware, and not having to do the dishes do make for a real elegant experience!

Couple your suggestion with a stop at WalMart or Publix for bottled water/drinks & snacks before you arrive on site, and you certainly could save quite a bit of $ over concierge.

Hmmm. Maybe I can afford that return trip sooner than I thought....
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

ladymarganne is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks, Pat! We've also noticed that the service we receive from *guest services* is about comparable to that of concierge....last minute p.s.'s except for V&A's and CRT, but just abut anywhere else, nightly turndown service with chocolates, and just about any other thing our little hearts desire...all you have to do is ask!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    For $100 a day extra, I can buy a WHOLE BUNCH of snacks and soft drinks, even at Disney prices. I would stay at AKL for the Sunrise Safari though.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I agree. Maybe as my child(ren) get older, we will need to go back to the room more often. But now, unless you spend more time in the room than we do (which is really only to shower and sleep), I can't justify the added expense. Like you said, I'd rather spend that money on the snacks (souvenirs? ) , etc. I want to buy. Plus, when we went last time, we stopped at the Publix on the way there, and bought all kinds of drinks and snacks for the room and to take to the parks, which came out to far less than $50/$100 per day.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    While concierge level accommodations sound great, I prefer enjoying the many restaurants and bars/nightlife that Disney, and the greater Orlando area, has to offer.
    George

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yeah, I can't get it through my mind that concierge level is worth the money.

Now, if any of you kind and wonderful souls would like to prove me wrong. Go ahead and set me up at one of the WDW concierge resorts and pay for it...I can be persuaded.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I agree with Husky.. I'd much rather eat something while strolling through the park, or even just sitting on a bench wathcing people go by. However, for maybe couples that like to relax at the resort, etc., conceirge level sounds like a great option.

Of course, I'd volunteer to go with Amanda on someone else's dime if anyone wants to send me on a research trip (I promise to mention you in a future book)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Is concierge worth it? It depends on what your WDW plans are. If you are going commando style to see and do as much as you can in the parks, don't bother spending the money. Also, if there are only two of you in the room it's not as worthwhile than if you have 4-5 people.

If you plan on doing a bit of everything while you're there, it's a good idea especially if you can get a good rate. When I could still use my travel agent discount, we would get the concierge for 50% off the rack rate.

What can the concierge staff do for you? It depends on where you stay. As I stated in another post, the staff at Beach Club concierge is the best. I have used the concierge at Yacht Club, Beach Club, AKL, Polynesian and Grand Floridian RPC. The CM's at BC can do just about anything from hard to get Priority Seatings to answering bizarre questions about WDW. If they don't know something, they will find out and leave you a message in your room.

As for the food offerings, with proper planning you can make it so that you only go out for one meal per day. Now they say that concierge is only meant for snacks, but sometimes that's enough. The evening desserts and cordials are also nice especially after a long day in the parks.

Now for the worst concierge - believe it or not it's the Grand Floridian. The staff is not as friendly or helpful as in other resorts. The food offerings were not as varied or tasty, either. The rooms are very nice, but that isn't enough to recommend it.

If you can afford it, you defintely should do it at least once!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Thanks to everyone for the helpful insight into the concierge level. This is obviously not for me - I like to be the first one through the gate in the morning and the last one through the gate in the evening when I go to the parks.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Watch out. I've heard many horror stories about the Boardwalk Concierge.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

r&trich is offline A-Ticket holder
    Concierge has turned out to be the best value for us. If you included the cost of breakfast, snacks thoughout the day, beverages, desert & alcohol, it more than pays for itself. It's also great to have the extra ammenities! It really depends on how much you'll be able to take advantage of what is offered.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I have never done the concierge thing, but would like to go big and try it one of these trips. So, anyone want to throw in for which hotel has the best concierge service??? Which one makes it most worthwhile, in your opinion?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast