Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Is concierge level worth it? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've never had the pleasure of staying at a WDW resort using concierge level service... Is it really worth the extra money? If so, why? Also, what are we talking ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Is concierge level worth it?

I've never had the pleasure of staying at a WDW resort using concierge level service...

Is it really worth the extra money? If so, why? Also, what are we talking about in terms of actual pricing?

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I am curious as well.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    for us it worked out to be about an extra $100 per day for each - I went with the silver plan so we could get some nice extras- didnt really know if the conceirge was worth the extra money- it depends on what you really are looking for on vacation- my husband prefers to be left alone - no one fussing over him - so when we get to plan and do things according to our own schedules and our own preferences, he's a happy camper - and I like to keep him that way

Luxury Disney is offline Moderator
    My husband and I divide our time between Port Aransas, Texas, and Crested Butte, Colorado
    I think the concierge level is really worth it if you are the type of person or family who hangs around the your resort quite often to swim and relax. Or maybe you make it a habit to head back to the resort to dress before going out to dinner. This makes it possible to take advantage of the afternoon snacks and evening offerings. If you like to get up in the morning, head to the parks, and stay until the bitter end, the concierge offerings will be wasted. You'll only be able to use the lounge for breakfast and maybe after dinner cordials and dessert.

Personally I love a concierge room, but I'm the type (since I'm at Disney so often) who takes it easy and just spends part of each day at a park. I really love the feeling of being in a smaller hotel within a larger resort, exactly what the concierge level gives you.
    Cara Goldsbury
    Author of "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World"
    info@luxurydisneyguide.com
    www.luxurydisneyguide.com

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, we stayed in the AKL concierge level last September. It was our first journey into the concierge world.

What do you get? Well, let's start out with arriving at the Lodge. When I mentioned to the CM handling my bags that I was staying on the concierge level, we were immediately brought inside the resort, he quickly checked at the desk and took us directly to our room where we were greeted with a welcoming package of small gifts, our itinerary was already printed out for the week (with the priority seatings that we had previously arranged) and we were informed that there was a separate area for concierge guests to check in at at our convenience.

We found that the concierge lounge and were introduced to the staff. The lounge seems never to run out of food. In the mornings there is a light breakfast available (juices, cerials, and rolls) then around noon a different assortment of light snacks is provided (along with water, soft drinks, etc) and finally during the evening there are evening snacks available including some wines.

OK, so is it just food that you get? Nope. The staff is there to assist you in any way that they can. Need a dinner reservation? They do their best to obtain that "special' reservation for you.

Was this all worth the extra expense? Depends - it did save us from having to eat breakfast each morning (and a few days worth of snacks as well). Also, considering that there was complimentary wine and sodas, we did not have to do a grocery store stop prior to showing up at the resort. The fact that they were able to get us into a few dinners at the last moment also was beneficial. But, there was really only one reason that I had decided to go concierge on this trip. I had read about the Sunrise Safari, which is only available for guests staying in the concierge level at the AKL. Granted this safari costs a little more, but it was something that we decided to try. All I can say is WOW! First a great safari, in our own little vehicle, which stops for photographs (unlike the regular safari) and then afterwards a wonderful breakfast at the Tusker House all before the AK actually opens.

Would we do it again? Not every time, but we do want to stay concierge level again. In fact, I will be traveling down to WDW again in October and will be staying in one of the suites in the Dolphin.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Anyone have any pictures of the Concierge lounges in any of the resorts to share?
    Lou Mongello

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag

OK, so is it just food that you get? Nope. The staff is there to assist you in any way that they can. Need a dinner reservation? They do their best to obtain that "special' reservation for you.
    Can concierge get you into the difficult to obtain things? Like...Breakfast at Cindy's, Chef's table at Victoria & A;bert's, etc. ?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

hhmmmm - not to sure Amanda, just how good the concierge people are, but I can vouch for the fact that we made Fantasmic dinner reservations (on the same day) as well as the fact that, somehow the date for our Sunrise Safari was set for a month after we were to leave, it was straightened out and we were able to participate in that as well (they only have limited spots available). I would believe that they can only do what is humanly possible, but they will do everything they can to accommodate you.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

Lou, I have a photo of the AKL which shows the Killamanjaro Lounge but am having problems in that it is too large to attach to an email and I was not able to upload it to the AKL area. Oh well........

I have friends who are WL concierge veterans and tehy swear by it. And yes, they say that they can often call same-day or day before wanting to go a a resturant, etc., and usually get their PS. They indicated that while this happens often for them at WL (where they have a Host), it did NOT happen at the Polynesian, where there was a concierge "office" they had to call.
    Lou Mongello

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'm not sure what your friend meant by a concierge "office" at the Poly. I just stayed concierge there and there are 3 desks with up to 3 hosts in the lobby of the Hawaii building. They were helpful, but not as friendly as the hosts at the Beach Club last year. Except for one - Jeffrey was a standout at the Poly. I think the Polynesian has more concierge rooms to deal with than BC, and they were just busier.

Is it possible your friends stayed in the suites at the Poly? in that case, they would have been in a different building (Tonga). I have heard others complain about the Poly's concierge lounge offerings and it turned out they were in the suites building, not the Hawaii building.

Allearsnet.com has reports on all and pictures of most of the concierge lounges.
    http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/concierge.htm

Once you stay concierge, it's hard to go back to a regular room! The free beverages in the lounge alone probably made up half the difference in the cost. Plus the continental breakfast every morning, wine and desserts in the evenings, snacks all afternoon: we made good use of the lounge! Fresh towels and empty garbage cans twice a day (very important when those cans are full with baby diapers)... Why did I come home??????

A cool thing at the Polynesian: when we arrived, the bell services brought us & our luggage by electric cart directly to our room, & left us to freshen up & settle in before we actually checked in at the concierge desk. On checkout, they took us by electric cart directly to our car, even though it was self-parked in the lot.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou

You asked for photos of the concierge lounges. Check out the following link. It has photos of the suites at the resorts and I found links under some of the resorts which had photos of the concierge area as well.

The link is: http://www.suitedisney.com/index.htm

Thanks, MSM!
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag
    Lou

You asked for photos of the concierge lounges. Check out the following link. It has photos of the suites at the resorts and I found links under some of the resorts which had photos of the concierge area as well.

The link is: http://www.suitedisney.com/index.htm
    Those are some neat pics. Unfortunately, that's the closest I will ever be to a suite at WDW. I wonder what they cost?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

you know the old saying....."if you have to ask, it's too much?".... Deb's web site (http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm) lists the prices for each of the resorts, including the suites. Check it out.

We were extremely fortunate last year when we stayed in the AKL Concierge level. We took advantage of the 7 for 4 that they were offering at the time. We would love to do it again, but it will take something special (and perhaps winning a lotto).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast