Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss polynesian? in the Vacation Planning forums; i have never stayed there either, but i have been to visit and i think the lobby is absolutely gorgeous! i would love to stay there...as with all the disney ...
    GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have never stayed there either, but i have been to visit and i think the lobby is absolutely gorgeous! i would love to stay there...as with all the disney resorts it seem to be lovingly upkept and beautiful..i did go to the lua au(sp?) a million years ago when i was but a baby!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

trypnotic is offline A-Ticket holder
    We actually visited the Poly for the afternoon on our trip last weekend. We walked around the resort a bit and wound up spending most of our time by the Tambu Lounge. I'd certainly like to stay there sometime. I took just a few photos there during our last trip if interested. http://gallery.bloogue.net/wdw022006
    B-rad // O // the bloogue moblog

7/86 - Disneyland | 11/02 - AS Movies | 5/03 - Wyndham Palace | 5/05 - La Quinta Lakeside, OKW, AS Music | 2/06 - POP Century | 6/06 - Best Western Lakeside | 12/06 - Best Western Lakeside

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just want to say that I get and read reports about the Polynesian all the time. There are a few legitimate complaints but most reports are positive. Also the few negative reports do have some false info or blame the resort for something that had nothing to do with the resort. I even read a report on Trip Advisor that had a bad rating for the resort and every complaint was based on something that happened in a park or something that the resort had no control over. Some people just like to complain and some target the Polynesian just because it is so popular. I try to just stick to facts and leave my opinion out unless asked. The facts are that a very high percentage of guests reports are positive and exceeded their expectations. A Disney fact is that they have the largest number of repeat guests and for many years had the most honeymoon bookings. I have not seen the numbers lately but this was the case for many years. Anyone who says the resort is old and run down is not making an accurate statement. You can see from my site how much stuff has been redone, redesigned or replaced even in the last few years. Also GrumpyDude said it best. Most of the complaint that are valid can be said about any Hotel or Resort.

Go and see for yourself is the only true way to know.

Aloha

Steve

magickingdom67 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We stayed at the Polynesian numerous times, the latest was this last June '05. While we did have a small hiccup in room assignments they fixed it immediately and made it up to us. I don't recall us ever having a problem there. I don't think the room we stayed in was a refurbed room but it was clean and everything at the resort was spotless. Ohana's was great, as was Kona Cafe. The Volcano Pool is great too, my girls loved it.

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The views are incredible!!

The transportation is great, it's the only time I've ever parked my car and not moved it.

The lobby can be a bit hectic because it is mostly garden in the middle. Living in the tropics, the lobby is nothing special to me. I can see others love it though.

Ohanas is fantastic even with the new menu.

Tikiman and I have had our run in because I had a not so pleasant experience with the staff. We've since stayed there again and everything was great.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

Tinkerbell2293 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Probably around somewhere... most likely quoting Pirates.... or maybe not...
    I've only heard good things about the Polynesian although I've never stayed there. The monorail is right there, so there's your transportation. The rooms are very nice from the pictures I've seen, no 70's stuff left. Definitely a good resort.
    "I guess I should explain/ I've got this problem with my brain/ Things get really scrambled in my head/ I have no short-term memory/ I forget things almost instantly/ I don't even know what I just said.../ Can I help you?" -Dory, Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Wishing I was at Disney World!

Me = Pirates Fan!! Yoho yoho a pirate's life for me! AAAARRRRRGGGG!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Adventureland- Frontierland-Fantasyland- Liberty Square- Mickey's Toontown Fair- Tomorrowland- Main St, USA-

"Stupid fish!" "Technically, it's a cephalopod."

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok, the Polynesian was the 2nd resort I stayed ever in WDW so it has an extremely special place in my heart. It has changed a lot since I went but you know what, it is AMAZING!!

I love it so much, it's like my relative, that one and the Grand Floridian. I dunno what it is about those two but I feel as if I'm their child lol and Fort Wilderness is my brother!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I've been there many times - it's our favorite Deluxe resort. The location, room size, theme, views, restaurants - you can't beat it.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman
    I just want to say that I get and read reports about the Polynesian all the time. There are a few legitimate complaints but most reports are positive. Also the few negative reports do have some false info or blame the resort for something that had nothing to do with the resort. I even read a report on Trip Advisor that had a bad rating for the resort and every complaint was based on something that happened in a park or something that the resort had no control over. Some people just like to complain and some target the Polynesian just because it is so popular. I try to just stick to facts and leave my opinion out unless asked. The facts are that a very high percentage of guests reports are positive and exceeded their expectations. A Disney fact is that they have the largest number of repeat guests and for many years had the most honeymoon bookings. I have not seen the numbers lately but this was the case for many years. Anyone who says the resort is old and run down is not making an accurate statement. You can see from my site how much stuff has been redone, redesigned or replaced even in the last few years. Also GrumpyDude said it best. Most of the complaint that are valid can be said about any Hotel or Resort.

Go and see for yourself is the only true way to know.

Aloha

Steve

Everyone, this guy has the BEST website about the Polynesian! No one has ever done such a complete and thorough job about any Disney resort as this... go visit the site, you won't be disappointed! Steve, keep it up!

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12