Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss polynesian? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have heard some bad things about the resort. I know that it was recently renovated, what experiences have you guys had? good or bad? this will be our first ...
    hysterogenic is offline A-Ticket holder

polynesian?

I have heard some bad things about the resort. I know that it was recently renovated, what experiences have you guys had? good or bad? this will be our first time to stay at a disney resort so would you recommend it. I like it because from what i have seen it is pretty and the monorail is next to it. What do you guys think?
    Life is so much better when you want it to be.

WDW-1995,2001, Sept 2006

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Well I've never actually stayed at a hotel on Disney property. I know it's horrifying!! However, the Polynesian is my very favorite resort to visit. The restaurants are great, they have hula dance lessons. I even like just sitting in the hammocks on the beach. Somebody who's stayed there might have a more in depth answer but I would give it the thumbs up.

songvilay1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have only heard good things about it. I have had character breakfast there and stopped in a few times from a day at MK for some adult beverages. Haven't seen it since the renovation, but it was very nice everytime we've dropped in. I hope it is still nice, if not better, after the renovations. We'll be staying there in May for our "Fairytale Wedding". Can't wait... Let me know how it is if you do stay there. Have fun on your trip.

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    I stayed there and absolutly loved it. The view of Wishes is amazing and transportaion there is great. The Poly also have great restaurants and shops.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've stayed there with my family and we absolutely loved it! There is plenty to do there if you decide to not go to a park one day, transportation is fabulous, and the atmosphere is superb.

The few negatives: rooms down near the luau cove can be a little noisy from the show and are a long walk to transportation. Second floor rooms in some of the buildings do not have balconies.

Check out http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html for everything you could possibly want to know about the Polynesian!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I really enjoyed it. i had so much fun on the beaches and in the arcade. I know id proboly enjoy it a lot more if i went back now rather than when i was 7. The rooms are a good sixe and they all seem as though they are walking right out onto smthing wonderful.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    This is a deluxe resort with great theming, and location can't be beat. Not my favorite of the deluxes simply because the layout confuses me but that is just me.

If you like the tiki atmosphere, lots of tiki torches and lush greens, I am sure it will be very romantic for your getaway!
    PS-my kids enjoyed making leis while there in the lobby.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    i've heard negative comments as well, but the usual things you can hear or say about any resort/hotel/motel/etc.

our next trip we already decided that is where we are staying.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey we stay there last year and staying there again next week. I love it. The resort is breathtaking and you can't beat the monorail bein right there. All in all out of the deluxe resorts I love this one. We also stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge that really great too.Only downside it was way to dark in there for me. Kids love love love this place.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    do anyone have the website of the polynesian resort?
    JEANY SANCHEZ

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    thanks for the info belle1313.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    We stayed there last year, adn it was simply amazing. I hope that's where we'll stay when we go next time. No room is really a bad room. We ended up in Rapa Nui. Although its one of the farthest away, it is basically next door to TTC!!!
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    The Poly kicks butt!! I stayed there in April '05..had a blast!! Loved it!! I have also stayed at The Floridian, which was great also....Next trip..The Contemporary!!
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    There is not one bad thing I can say about the Polynesian resort... not a one. We'll never stay anywhere other than the Polynesian resort at WDW if we can help it...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast