Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Animal Kingdom Lodge in the Vacation Planning forums; does anyone stays in the animal kingdom lodge. and i need to know what is the website of Animal Kingdom Lodge. :mickey:...
    JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

Cool Animal Kingdom Lodge

does anyone stays in the animal kingdom lodge. and i need to know what is the website of Animal Kingdom Lodge. :mickey:
    JEANY SANCHEZ

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I haven't stayed there, but I have been there. It is (IMO) one of the best themed Resorts that WDW has. You can get to the website from the WDW page by clicking on the Deluxe Resorts link, or you can give the AKL a call at 1-407-824-2222. Note that that number leads to the switchboard for all WDW Resorts, and you'll have to ask for the AKL.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    thanks for the info.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    I've stayed there like two or three times. Its is one of mt all-time favorite resorts adn is the best themed. we've booked in both a savannah room, and a regular room, but both times we were upgraded. Even w/o a savannah room, there are still many chances to see the animals! and IMHO Boma is one of the best resturants on property!!!!
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    I was interested in just how much of the animals you get to see. Of course, when you watch the Disney video, the giraffes are practically eating out of your cereal bowl as you sit on your veranda.

I was hoping to get a real report on just how many animals you can actually see from the resort itself.

Just the prospect alone is worth staying there, but any additional info on the animals would be great...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    We took my sister to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for her eighth grade graduation present. Some overall thoughts of the resort:

The resort is beautiful, the lobby is filled with African artifacts and you can spend an hour just going from case to case. For children there is always something to do, they sponsor pool games daily and even have tours of the hotel. My sister basically had a private session with a cast member where they made etchings of all the amazing artwork in the floorboards. Not too many people know about these things so they were always empty. We had a room with a Savannah view and it was AMAZING. It is a real sight to wake up and find a giraffe walking close to your porch. The animals don't get up close and personal but they are within 50 feet of you. At night there are sometimes night vision goggle expeditions, another thing that must truly be experienced. One word of caution on a hot hot humid day they will shelter the animals from around 12-2 or 3. This is done for the safety of the creatures so I couldn't complain about that. The hotel sponsors a hidden mickey search which is a fun family activity. The gift shop has amazing artwork made by Kenyan artisans which were beautiful to look at. The food court is truly the best at any Disney Hotel I have ever stayed at including Port Orleans, Wilderness Lodge, Coronado Springs, and the former Dixie Landings. It was an experience to try the Tandori Chicken Pizza. It also featured fried shrimp, grilled turkey clubs and items I had not seen at any food court I stayed at. The pool area is beautiful and it features a small bar right by the resting areas where you can pick up soothing drinks for those hot days. I did not try Boma or Jiko which are the restaurants there because I was too chicken to try African Food.

Hope that helped

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I stayed at the AKL last May in a Savanah room. My daughter stayed with me one night and the next morning was the ONLY morning that I didn't see any animals in the Savanah! LOL The rooms are well above the area that the animals could reach your patio, but it's a great view. I don't recall for certain what animals were there, but I know I saw giraffe and a type of deer. Maybe some wildebeast. Of course you can still see plenty of animals just walking through the halls or going down to the viewing areas off the lobby. It certainly is worth a stay at least once.
    Last edited by mini-V; 04-18-2006 at 08:49 AM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

C#ern@b0g is offline I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it...
    Wow!

That sounds really great!

Thank you both for your feedback.

I really can't wait to stay there now...
    I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it - Edgar Allan Poe

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    My friend stayed there. They said it was a nice view, etc. but it was expensive, and you're so far away from everything except for AK
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    From OneLittleSpark.."I did not try Boma or Jiko which are the restaurants there because I was too chicken to try African Food. "

Don't be afraid to try Boma, it is a buffet with lots of choices, so lots of opportunity to find things you like(nothing is too exotic, no antelope or anything like that). If you try and still don't find African dishes to your liking they have a kids bar with chicken finger, mac-n-cheese, pizza and fries. Plus a salad bar and some of the best desserts on property.
    Maggie

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Boma was nice, I'm Picky, so I didn't enjoy it a whole lot, but the food was pretty good. I haven't eaten at Jiko.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    Happy : If you're talking about the Zebra Domes and the Paw Prints I'd have to say that they were some of the best desserts I've had at any of the parks.

Irishrbetter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just returned from a stay @ AKL. My biggest piece of advice I have is ask for a fourth floor or higher room (better veiw), to be near the lobby or center of hotel (farther rooms can be a walk) and request a room with a veiw of the savannah that has the Zebra's. Other wise you can't go wrong with this resort. The bus rides to the park are 15-20 min max for MK and the trip helps build the excitment. The store is the biggest of any resort on property and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Take advatage of Simba's cubhouse if you have children, our two girls 4 & 6 loved it. We used the conceaige (SP?) and I would recommend this service also. You are taken right to your room, no waiting at the front desk. There is a welcome gift, turndown service, continental breakfast in the lounge and other foods throughout the day. Hope this helps. Have a great trip, I'm jealous I have to wait till 9/07 to go back.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Yes stay there withe kids in 2004. We had a deluxe savannah view room. It a great hotel espically if you love animals. Kids love the whole feeling of being in the African savannah and the overall themeing of the place. I thought it was a little dark plus wasnt really crazy about waking up to animals in my window in the morning but other than that I like it. I also think their bus service to the parks is awesome because unlike the other resorts this one doesnt share bus service to any other resorts. Big plus for me. I also use Simba clubhouse for my two they were 10 and 6 at the time and it just so happen to be their first trip to WDW and I couldn't pull them out of there Also they the pool and playground area is also great for the kids. Overall it an awesome hotel.

Oh yeah also keep in mind that this one of the cheaper of the deluxe resorts.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 05-06-2006 at 12:11 AM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok well, I think they all got it covered. Do you still want my in-depth resort review?

I've stayed there and it's amazing.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!