Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss All Star or Caribbean Beach? in the Vacation Planning forums; We have stayed at the All Star Movie Resort and are now in the planning stages of a new trip to WDW. My DH was asking about CB, but I ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

All Star or Caribbean Beach?

We have stayed at the All Star Movie Resort and are now in the planning stages of a new trip to WDW. My DH was asking about CB, but I have never stayed there. We like the idea of the fridges in the rooms as we are travelling with small children. (My Father in Law is springing for the trip for the entire family! Twelve of us in all)
    Thanks
    Donna

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Caribbean Beach is awesome but a huge resort with different villages (martinque, trinidad etc) each village has their own pool

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    We stayed at the CBR for our honeymoon(whole trip pd for by my parents as a wedding gift)

That was my 4th time there.. I do prefer it over the all stars.. less crowded for busses and rooms are a little bigger.. but if you're traveling for the kids.. then go with the all stars..

Disney_Melanie is offline A-Ticket holder
    Caribbean Beach Resort:

In the year 2001 my family and I stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Now we didn't have such a pleasent stay here due to the fact of there was mould in our room. I was 8 years old so that would have been 4-6 years ago(sorry can't count that well) but the thing was that the hadn't renvoated the Jamaica Building yet. It was unfortunatly our bad luck that 1 week after we left they started to redo the building.On the positive side of it all I really enjoyed the pool and the food court was AMAZING. The walk to the food court was lucious and tropical rainforest jungle type.

Transportation:
    Rent Car- Easy to get around
    Bus- N/A
    Boat-N/A

All-Star Resorts:

All-Star Resorts are amazing in my point of view. Probably because I am a kid and everything amazes me. But the life size objects just add to the disney magic.

Transportation-
    Car-Easy
    Bus-Easy( You just have to know when the buses come or else you will wait for a long time)
    Boat-N/A There is no boat transportation

Food Court-
    The food court was a little messy because of the littler kids.

CONCLUSION!!
    Read reviews about those hotels and see if you would lean more to one hotel than the other.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i can't say anything for the all stars(though they do look like a lot of fun) but i did stay at CBR a while back...i went with teen travel(i know how lucky!) and as a young/pre teen i thought it was great! it was colorful and i also thought the food court was pretty good too...i didn't get to use the big pool but it looked pretty awesome...and as for transportation, i think generally disney does a great job...since you're going to stay on disney property you just gotta do a little research and pick which choice is best for you and your family...either way (and as you surely know) you are going to have an amazing time!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

DisneyDude1977 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have stayed at both, and recommend both. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd take the CBR anytime.
    WDW fan since 2002!

PrincessChelC is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have never stayed at an All-star resort but my sister has and said it was nice but very crowded and busy. I have however stayed at CBr and I have to say it is awesome. I have stayed at all the moderate resorts and this one is my favorite. The theming is great and I loved the pools. The food court was wonderful too but my favorite part was the beach and the hammocks. It was so relaxing. I definetly recommend it.
    I am a Disney fanatic

Disney trips
    June '99- offsite
    May '01- Carribean Beach
    June '03- Coronado Springs
    June '05- Port Orleans Riverside

I'd rather be at Walt Disney World

My wonderful Disney family: Mom 40-ish , Brother-in-law Jon 34 , Sister Julie 26 , Sister Annie 16, Me 15

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Stayed at every on site resort over the years. Except for Disney Villas, which is gone now. My opinion: CBR is much better- the theming and background music are truly Disney. However, if you want to experience All Stars, DEFINITELY steer clear of All Star Sports. This is the resort that large groups are traditionally booked into. Team trips, class trips, etc. I had that experience once; very loud and unruly groups, particularly at night when people return to their rooms. If you have little ones, MOVIES is the way to go. Large characters, very colorful. The Buzz and Woody buildings, as well as Dalmatians are located well, and are not considered premium locations; therefore no upcharge on room rates.

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One more thing: Pop Century was a lot of fun. Transportation 'felt' better than at AS. If you consider this resort, request the Mickey building. I think its the 70's building. Great location, nice theming. Food court is much better, too. It is laid out differently, and can accomodate more traffic than AS.

Ilostmytail is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up

I stayed in the CBR back in October and we were very pleased with it. It is a large property so if you aren't going to have a car then it matters where you stay in the resort. :mickey:
    Engaged at Disney World 10/8/05

jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile

I would definitely stay in CBR. My husband and I stayed at All Atar Movies in September with my then 8month old son. My parents and sister were in an ajoining room. Someone actually brought their dog and kept him in the room with them, walked him right outside in the grass and did not pick up after him!! I don't know if it was the time of year or what but I felt like I was staying in a DaysInn on I4. The people that were staying down the "hall" from us used their luggage racks to lay out their wet clothes and sat ouside their rooms at night drinking beer (there were about 4/5 rooms that did this so I'm guessing they were together)and smoking. I told my DH that I'm sure this was not the norm for All Stars resorts (we had stayed one time before but only for a couple of days) but he is not staying there ever again. He wants to go back to PO Riverside.
    I have stayed at CBr many times. It's my mom's fav. Have always enjoyed it. Martinique is one of the sections closest to the food court, but you have to check which of the buildings is the closest.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Thanks everyone for your recomondations. I am going to pursue CBR a little further and if my Dad-in-law likes the numbers maybe we will stay there.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    We stayed at Carribbean Beach in Aruba. It was awesome. We were close to the food court which was just over the bridge for us. It's great because each section has their own small pool and then by the food court is the main pool. The smaller pools are hardly ever used because most of the young kids like to go to the main pool. Our room was not extremely large but it was ok for what we needed, (3 adults), we might have spent a total of 2 hours there besides sleeping the whole week.
    I've stayed at All Star Music, it was cute, nice, and we enjoyed it but Carribbean is just so relaxed and not to mention beautiful. If you have young kids they might like the All Star atmosphere better (espedicially All Star Movies because of all the characters) but if it is just you I would vote for the Carribbean!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    CBR is amazing! I thought because I stayed at the Polynesian the year before I might be dissapointed, but I loved just as much!