Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which moderate resort?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which moderate resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; I said CB, because, although I've never stayed there, from what I have seen it seems like a very relaxing place to stay. Good eats, not sure about transportation, though....
    Tinkerbell2293 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Probably around somewhere... most likely quoting Pirates.... or maybe not...
    I said CB, because, although I've never stayed there, from what I have seen it seems like a very relaxing place to stay. Good eats, not sure about transportation, though.
    "I guess I should explain/ I've got this problem with my brain/ Things get really scrambled in my head/ I have no short-term memory/ I forget things almost instantly/ I don't even know what I just said.../ Can I help you?" -Dory, Finding Nemo: The Musical!

Wishing I was at Disney World!

Me = Pirates Fan!! Yoho yoho a pirate's life for me! AAAARRRRRGGGG!

MAGIC KINGDOM
    Adventureland- Frontierland-Fantasyland- Liberty Square- Mickey's Toontown Fair- Tomorrowland- Main St, USA-

"Stupid fish!" "Technically, it's a cephalopod."

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    BIG Thumbs up to the Port Orleans resorts! Either is great, but FQ has a certain quiet charm to it
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jewel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would have to chose Port Orleans Riverside it brings alot of memories when I was a kid and i even remember its original name "DixieLandings" boy that was a long time ago. lol.

prshell is offline A-Ticket holder
    We like POR. We've stayed both in the Bayou and the Mansion. They have totally different feelings. The Bayou is great if you have kids, because you can get a room that sleeps up to 5 and the Mansion I think is nicer w/o kids. But the whole resort is peaceful and the boat ride DTD is awesome.

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, first let me say thanks to all of you who provided input. We have previously stayed at PO - Riverside (aka Dixie Landings) several times and loved staying there. We usually stayed in the Mansions. Found them to be very quiet and it really wasn't too far from the central area (bus stop, restaurant, lobby).

We are just beginning to plan for next years trip and we had it narrowed down to a moderate resort. My wife wanted to know if we wanted to try a different resort so I was going to ask the same question. Now I have my answer so I will attempt to sway the rest of the family to go with PO-Riverside.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

stitch625 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Wow, nobody's voting for Coronado Springs. That was one I was a little interested in staying at. Any reason's to avoid this one?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I stayed there (Coranado Springs) shortly after it first opened a while back. It was alright. There wasn't much of a Disney feel to it in my opinion. Also... there were lots of conference room type of things there so there were lots of business people there. I guess it's a conference type hotel. ??? I've also heard that they don't honor the refillable cups- that may not be true though so don't quote me on that. I just know I have mugs from every resort I've stayed but that one.

I personally reccomend Port Orleans FQ. The riverside was nice, but FQ was so much nicer to me. I loved the carriage ride option & the clean new orleans feel. it's a really beautiful resort regardless of which side you stay. Hope this helps some.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    BIG Thumbs up to the Port Orleans resorts! Either is great, but FQ has a certain quiet charm to it
    I agree with Lou, except I love the Riverside part! It has that southern feel which makes you feel welcome...just like it always is here in the south!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch625
    Wow, nobody's voting for Coronado Springs. That was one I was a little interested in staying at. Any reason's to avoid this one?
    I loved it! But one problem would be for people who have trouble getting around. The place is so big! A while back, I was there for my b-day with my Mom, Nana, and Papa and he had a "spur" on his heel and could not walk far without allot of pain.
    And our room was all the way in the back in the ranchos area! But it was still great!

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We loved the Coronado. Yes, it's true, it has the least Disney feel to it, but frankly that's why we liked it. We always felt the theming at the other hotels can be just a bit overdone at times, a bit loud, or even gaudy. On the other hand, the Coronado (at least the Casitas section) really does feel like it could be any other non WDW hotel. Most people wonder why we like it there when it seems there's nothing special. I know we're in the minority on this one, but I guess at the end of the day we've been bombarded by all things Disney and just want to return to something subtle, understated, and quiet, and Coronado Casitas does just that for us. The Casitas are still very nicely done, beautifully landscaped, some very cool fountains making for a very romantic environment, and so forth. And it's not like it lacks the Disney touch -- you still have all the advantages of staying on property including bus service, the 24 hour WDW TV commercials (which I can turn on or off as I please), the largest Disney store of any of the WDW hotels.

As for the whole convention thing, 4Mickey is right -- it's the only moderate that has a convention center, and as such it's heavily promoted that way, so you will commonly see a lot of adults with no kids, often dressed for work. But therein can be yet another plus to the Coronado. Before our daughter was born, having a resort with less kids could be a welcome relief at times when compared to the sometimes chaotic feel at the other resorts.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've also stayed at the Coronado. I love it there. It's big and roomy. The grounds are beautiful. Never seems overly crowded. If you like the southwestern feel, it's perfect.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love Caribbean Beach! They always have availability too, with their 2100+ rooms. haha.
    The Goofy Princess

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have spent My honeymoon at the Carribean Beach and thought it was just beautiful! Clean, peaceful and walking distance to the foodcourt. We also just stayed in the POFQ in Feb of this year and it was very nice as well. A great resort to walk around and romantic walks by the river. The boat ride to DTD was fantastic as well. We had a few meals at the POR and that was beautiful too! We walked back from there along the water and watched the Horse and carriage go by. Just Great!!!!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Valawen9 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Riverside is the best by far!

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    We are trying the Coronado Springs Resort this time out and Hope that it is as nice as the photos we have seen. Next up will be the POR, Having dinner there a few nights made me want to spend a week there to enjoy it some more. It has a very pleasant and calming effect as You walk around. FQ was nice, but I personally felt that it was a bit Dark. (Just My opinion)
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast