Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which moderate resort?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which moderate resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by tarynkelly I have previously stayed at all star mvies twice, but have decided to stay at POR the next time we go (not until 2009 ) Ya'll ...
    Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarynkelly View Post
    I have previously stayed at all star mvies twice, but have decided to stay at POR the next time we go (not until 2009)
    Ya'll will love it there!!! We have stayed there twice before & we really love pretty much everything about it.
    It has great theming & a very laid-back feel. And the boat ride to DTD is a nice extra!!! Hope ya'll have a BLAST!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Ya'll will love it there!!! We have stayed there twice before & we really love pretty much everything about it.
    It has great theming & a very laid-back feel. And the boat ride to DTD is a nice extra!!! Hope ya'll have a BLAST!!!!!
    Thanks, I read on allears that POFQ is quieter. I decided to stay there because my oldesy boy has Aspbergers and he needs some downtime when we are away from the parks. All Stars was great but it is kind of a sensory overload for him.

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ive only stayed in two moderate resorts they where coranado and port orleans riverside. stayed in coranado twice and riverside numberous times.

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've stayed at all of the moderate resorts. My personal two favorites were French Quarter and Riverside. Coronado Springs ran in second, and honestly, I really don't care for Caribbean Beach that much.

POFQ is quieter than Riverside and has a more romantic feel to it than its sister resort. The resort is also smaller, so no room is really far away from the bus stop, pool, shop or food court. French Quarter does not have a sit-down restaurant, but Riverside's can easily be reached by walking or by bus or boat launch. French Quarter and Riverside do share bus stops (as I'm sure you already knew), but from my experience the bus usually picks up and drops off at French Quarter first and then goes to Riverside. Riverside is more spread out and depending where your room is you can have quite a hike to the main pool or to the restauant/food court. But I really like either one, it just depends what your preferences and individual needs are.

wdwfamily4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Port Orleans French Quarter-Our favorite of the moderates.Nice theming and room access. Many rooms look onto very nice courtyards. Makes you feel as if your walking down the streets of New Orleans. Much smaller than Riverside.

Port Orleans Riverside- very nice and a little spread out, good choice if you do not mind short-moderate leisurely walks. Nice food court. Close second to French Quarter (if not a tie)

Caribbean Beach-okay but not a top choice for moderates

Coronado Springs-did not care for it.

If a moderate is your choice don't start comparing them to the Deluxe resorts. It is not a fair comparison especially after cost is factored in.
    • 1988 WDW-Off Property
    • 1990 Disneyland,CA
    • 1996 WDW-Off Property
    • 1997 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 1998 WDW-Disney's Polynesian
    • 1999 WDW-Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside ( Dixie Landings )
    • 2000 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 2001 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2002 WDW-Disney's Coronado Springs
    • 2003 WDW-Disney's Caribbean Beach
    • 2004 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2005 WDW-Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • 2006 WDW-Disney's Grand Floridian / Disney's Fort Widerness Cabins / Disney's Pop Century
    • 2007 WDW-Disney's Beach Club / Disney's Saratoga Springs / Disney's Port Orleans -French Quarter
    • 2007 New Member DVC Animal Kingdom Villas
    • 2008 Disney Cruise / WDW-Disney's Old Key West/ Disney's Boardwalk / Disney's Yacht Club
    • 2009 WDW-Disney's All Star Movies/ Disney's Old Key West/ Animal Kingdom Villa's

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorria View Post
    I've stayed at all of the moderate resorts. My personal two favorites were French Quarter and Riverside. Coronado Springs ran in second, and honestly, I really don't care for Caribbean Beach that much.

POFQ is quieter than Riverside and has a more romantic feel to it than its sister resort. The resort is also smaller, so no room is really far away from the bus stop, pool, shop or food court. French Quarter does not have a sit-down restaurant, but Riverside's can easily be reached by walking or by bus or boat launch. French Quarter and Riverside do share bus stops (as I'm sure you already knew), but from my experience the bus usually picks up and drops off at French Quarter first and then goes to Riverside. Riverside is more spread out and depending where your room is you can have quite a hike to the main pool or to the restauant/food court. But I really like either one, it just depends what your preferences and individual needs are.
    I was just about to type the exact same thing! We loved the FQ. It was nice to come back to after being in a crazy park. It was so quiet. And you don't have a hike to get to your room.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We will be trying Port Orleans French Quarter next time. I love Riverside and can't wait to see this one. I'm not all that thrilled with the theming of the other two but that is because of my interests not because of anything else.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I really like Carribean Beach Resort, we almost stayed there but we stayed at Shades of Green instead.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    I have stayed at all 4, and I can honestly say that I loved the atmosphere of FQ! Even the pool is amazing, with the Little Mermaid theme (if you haven't seen it, check out the slide!). Caribbean Beach is another great choice, but keep in mind it's the largest resort on property, and from some sreas of the resort (such as Barbadoes) it can take up to 20 minutes to walk to the food court, never mind the million bus stops. Cornado was nice also, but there's only one bus stop and them a long walk back to your room, no matter where it is.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter many years ago and as a family, we liked it. And if anyone looking at this page has any insight about Port Orleans Riverside, please look at my thread "Help!" a few threads down in the Resorts and Accomodations forum! Thanks!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    POFQ has a lot more going on than POR....such as the large pool, and the atmosphere itself is a little more remniscent of Mardi Gras and the party side of New Orleans than POR. If your looing for something with a quiet, relaxing feel, POR is definately the place for you. However, if you have active, young children who like to be entertained, I would look into FQ.

Of course, thats if its a toss up between either of the Port Orleans....Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach are also great places to stay.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    I really to stay in the POFQ Port Orleans French Quarter!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    my favorite moderate resort is the coronado springs. its cute, i love the setup, and it has a fancier feel than the other ones. also, the setup of the food court is great.
    we've had some unpleasant experiences with the caribbean beach- mostly bad smells in the rooms. we tried to stay there on our most recent trip but the room smelled terrible, and the second room they gave us was even worse, so we were switched to the coronado.
    the port orleans resorts are cute, but i dont remember much about them because i was a lot younger when i stayed there. they must be good though, because i dont remember anything bad about them and everyone else seems to really like them!
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm a big fan of the Caribbean Beach Resort
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think they are all great. Coronado does have a slightly nicer feel, probably since its so new. I just stayed at the caribbean beach and I loved it too. Try 'em all out they all have their ups and downs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast