Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which moderate resort?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which moderate resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; I found CBR a bit tooo big to get around.Years ago we stayed at POFQ and the buses seemed normal,my experience is that unless you are on a monorail line ...
    kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I found CBR a bit tooo big to get around.Years ago we stayed at POFQ and the buses seemed normal,my experience is that unless you are on a monorail line buses are going to take a little time no matter what.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    I agree Kent, CBR is huuuuge, and it has like 9 bus stops...and if you end up staying in Barbadoes, the walk to the food court is about 20 minutes round trip (which is hard carrying all that food!). POFQ, though I haven't stayed there since I was a kid, always has a special place for me and I am hoping to get back there soon!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Michelle C is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really like all of them but Riverside has a soft spot, love the pool and the look of the Mansions surrounding the water
    Michelle
    Michelle Cunningham, CTC

michelle@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Disney Dream 1/11 and 2/11 - Disney Fantasy 3/11
    Disney Wonder August 08, December 2001
    WDW Oct and Dec 11,Jan 09, Dec 08, Jan 08, Jun 07, Sept 06, Sept 03
    ABD's Southwest Aug 07, Backstage Magic 4/09 & 10/09
    Disneyland Sept 1971 & 25+ more times since

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This is a hard question for me. I havn't been to riverside but I would probably love it as much as all the others. I think French Quarter wins by a slight marging for one reason, biegneits. I have no idea how to spell that. LOL

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Last vaction & this vaction coming up, my family is going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. We love it! Even though it is alittle big, we requested building 14, which is closetest to the food and somewhat close to the pool (you have to cross a bridge). All in All, we loved it. We have also stayed at Coranado Springs. This again, is a large hotel only because it has a convention center. The rooms were nice and the food court was ok (it was set up weirdly) but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

JEANYLASER33 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    MIAMI,FL ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO,FLORIDA
    I would like to stay in POFQ in end of March! Because our family didn't stay in that hotel before!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

MAY 2009- POP CENTURY

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder
    French Quarter. Great theme. I've also been to riverside, which I love, maybe a bit more, but I went to FQ most recently, so that has priority in my answer.
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Which moderate resort?

Just got back from Riverside. My new favorite. It was beautiful. And the by far the best themed food court and lobby area.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I agree Kent, CBR is huuuuge, and it has like 9 bus stops...and if you end up staying in Barbadoes, the walk to the food court is about 20 minutes round trip
    Very true, so you have to know to ask for a particular house such as Aruba
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Caribbean Beach Resort is the only moderate we've stayed at so far. But, we loved it very much. The music playing as we walked. The food was great, we could get what we wanted every morning. The grounds were beautiful to walk. Hope all enjoy it as much as we did.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewgator View Post
    Just got back from Riverside. My new favorite. It was beautiful. And the by far the best themed food court and lobby area.
    I agree!!!!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

We stayed at CBR once,and it was ok,but the upgrade price wasn't worth the miniscule perks that CBR has.We stayed in the Jamaica section,which was close to the bridge,which made a pleasant walk to the main bldg.That is also the first stop for the buses,so getting on,you get seat choice,but you have to go all the way around the complex before exiting to head to your destination.However,coming back to CBR,Jamaica is the first stop to be dropped off as well.So tired and ready for the pool or a shower,Jamaica gets first comps.CBR's food court in a word,sux.Not enough choices;and all of the value resorts food courts has CBR beat hands down.Arcade sux too.Kids like to play games to win tix,for those cheapo prizes,but that's just kids.CBR's arcade did not have a single game that gave tix.
    But as for me,the little extras are not enough for me to pay that much more than a value,so no more moderates.At least,not CBR.Maybe the others,but who knows?
    Park Hopper Dad!

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Check out my CSR website. Great resort with queen beds.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz2001 View Post
    Check out my CSR website. Great resort with queen beds.
    Wow that is nice......
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Buzz2001 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    Wow that is nice......
    Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast