Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which moderate resort?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Which moderate resort? in the Vacation Planning forums; I voted for POFQ because when i stayed there I had an excellent time and the theme at the resort is excellent. It looks like you are walking down a ...
    Lady_Aurora is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wilmington, Delaware- Hopefully Orlando soon!

Re: Which moderate resort?

I voted for POFQ because when i stayed there I had an excellent time and the theme at the resort is excellent. It looks like you are walking down a street in NO and the detail is amazing!
    -Jessica
    Social Media Director
    Celebrations Magazine

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

I've stayed at 3 of the 4 and voted for POFQ. Maybe because it was where I stayed on my first trip, maybe the theme, maybe the beignets...I enjoy this resort.

Check out MouseSteps.com for great photo tour walks around each resort.
    BareFozzie in the box

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

try something new go to FQ

i prefer CB though

SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder

October was the last post on this thread, but we are debating going in 2012 (first opening) or 2013 (FULL opening-including Pixie Hollow!) Ofcourse being a Disnut I HAVE to start searching out our lodging! I am so GLAD I found this thread! First time with my kids we stayed off property in a vacation home rental...which was great for our big family that visited but about a 1/2 hour drive to the gates! Second time (last time) was All Star Movies...which we all enjoyed thoroughly with the larger than life characters (we stayed near the clubhouse in Toy Story-AWESOME!) But this time we wated something more. The kids are getting bigger and so we initially thought of a deluxe resort. Wilderness Lodge to be exact, which looks great don't get me wrong...but there is some sort of luring aspect to Port Orleans...maybe it's the new movie 'Princess and the Frog'...maybe it's the fact that I LOVE that idea (I love Savannah, GA too)...that whole 'southern' feel. So, I may just go with the Magnolia Bend section of POR. I hear nothing really but good things. I'm not crazy enough to pick Alligator Bayou thou! I like being pampered! But I may just pick Parterre Place simply because it's close to the FQ, and I'd like to meander over there a little bit as well :o)
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by SlpngBeauty View Post
    October was the last post on this thread, but we are debating going in 2012 (first opening) or 2013 (FULL opening-including Pixie Hollow!) Ofcourse being a Disnut I HAVE to start searching out our lodging! I am so GLAD I found this thread! First time with my kids we stayed off property in a vacation home rental...which was great for our big family that visited but about a 1/2 hour drive to the gates! Second time (last time) was All Star Movies...which we all enjoyed thoroughly with the larger than life characters (we stayed near the clubhouse in Toy Story-AWESOME!) But this time we wated something more. The kids are getting bigger and so we initially thought of a deluxe resort. Wilderness Lodge to be exact, which looks great don't get me wrong...but there is some sort of luring aspect to Port Orleans...maybe it's the new movie 'Princess and the Frog'...maybe it's the fact that I LOVE that idea (I love Savannah, GA too)...that whole 'southern' feel. So, I may just go with the Magnolia Bend section of POR. I hear nothing really but good things. I'm not crazy enough to pick Alligator Bayou thou! I like being pampered! But I may just pick Parterre Place simply because it's close to the FQ, and I'd like to meander over there a little bit as well :o)
    That is were we stayed in June '09. We were very close to the walk over to FQ. It was a wonderful location, I thought. We stepped out & went to right & over the bridge to the parking lot & accross to the buses. Then if you went to the right but didn't go to the parking lot you walked along the way to the food court. And Ye Ha Bob Jackson is a great show. Or to the boat launch to Downtown Disney. Which is a very nice ride in the day or evening. You can take that boat to FQ also to explore or enjoy the pool. Hope this helps you.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

tripletinx3 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I voted POFQ because i love the atmosphere! Also, its so much fun because we always go down during Mardi Gras, which is the themeing! The pool is great, the rooms are comfy and I love the cafeteria!

♥feeling twitterpated♥

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

I love CBR!
    JEANY SANCHEZ

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

I have only stayed at Riverside and Caribbean Beach, so I'm kinda partial to those two. Caribbean Beach has an AWESOME pool, so if you are going with kids I'd recommend that Resort. But if you are traveling without kids, I'd recommend Riverside because of the River Roost Lounge. And another plus about Riverside is that it is the only Moderate with a sit down restaurant (Boatwrights). A sit down restaurant at your Resort is a huge plus!!
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

Nemorules is offline A-Ticket holder

Best moderate resort to stay with kids? Four kids that are 10 and under

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

We stayed at Carribbean beach resort once,and I can honestly say,I wasn't impressed.The rooms were barely bigger than a value resort room,and the atmosphere just wasn't Disney in my opinion.We did not like the food court,only ate lunch there the day we checked in,and none after that.The arcade was so blah,that we never went in there to play at all.They don't even have games that gives you tickets and a prize counter so you can cash in the tickets for the corny junk.Younger kids up to early teens like that kind of stuff,and so do I.The grounds were nice and I did like the hammocks on the small beaches adjacent to the lake between the buildings.While there one evening,we could hear Kool and the Gang playing at Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival.
    I enjoy the value resorts so much more,because they feel magical,and the themes of each resort are so unique to Disney alone.The atmosphere that you feel in the air,that little feeling that says"we are here" and I never want to leave,imminates from each value resort.Yeah the rooms are small,but get two ajoining rooms and spread out.By the way,none of us WDW lovers are in the rooms enough to complain,we are all at the parks or somewhere having a great time.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

We've stayed at all of them over the years. My favorite is PO: French Quarter because it is very small compared to the others. There's only one bus stop unless they are sharing buses with PO: Riverside at certain times, so it's very easy and accessible to get out to the parks and back home.

Many of the other moderates are very large, so I would highly recommend French Quarter for families with small children.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

We stayed at POFQ this year for the first time and I gotta say I don't think I would stay anywhere else (ok maybe Polynesian ). We loved the resort. It's small, beautiful, and the cast members were all great. I have nothing but great memories of the resort.

Oh yeah and the beignets are awesome!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

We'll thank you we loved POR thats why we are glad you liked POFQ for you trip next year!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456