Just booked hotel!
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say im very excited about our trip to wdw.
We are now booked in The Dolphin for July 23-29!! Yay!!!
Any advice witht his hotel or The Swan would be greatly appreciated.
Does any one have any info about the Mandara Spa.
Thanks Michelle :mickey:
The Dolphin is HUGE. I would advise diligence on the room they assign. See if you can get a convenient location- i.e. distance from elevators, view, etc. I stayed at both in the past; the feel that I got was that although both are geared for corporate functions, the Swan is a little more so. Objectively, the Dolphin offers a higher possibility of a great view. Subjectively, I think the Dolphin is much more unique and pretty.
We did make some room requests, like non-smoking, king bed and i really really want a balcony, it would be soo nice to sit outside and read in the morning because i dont have a place to do that here.
Is it really unconvenient to be in certain area's? I will definitely be in no rush and will be exploring the property for three days while my fiancee is at a conference off property so i wont be worried about the time it take from my room to the main areas.
even though i haven't stayed at either, been inside both and wow...
Secondly - GIRL ARE YOU GONNA HAVE TIME TO READ :wave:
The only 1 thing I don't like about the Dolphin is that the icon looks NOTHING like a dolphin. Lol, ok here's some info...
Eating - Shula's Steak House - Critic's Choice for Orlando's best high-end steak house.
- Todd's English Bluezoo - AAA Four Diamond Award and Wine Spectator's 2004 award of Excellence.
- Kimonos - Voted for top sushi restaurant
For the kids - Camp Dolphin - The place for kids to go for night-time fun. Hours 5:30 pm to 12:00 pm. Offers arcade, arts and crafts, movies, and dinner menus.
- Four pools including the 3 acre grotto and beach
- Disney's Fantasia Gardens - A wild and whimsical miniature golf course.
- Mandara YSPA Teen Program - Being a teen is very stressful, so Mandara Spa offers a menu exclusively to teen-stress.
- Boat rentals
- Sony Playstation in each guest room
General play - Mandara Spa
- Sporting - Tennis, jogging, health facilities.
- Shopping - WH Smith - offers resort wear (located in the Dolphin.)
- Indulgences - Features an array of chocolates. (Dolphin)
- Disney Cabanas - Disney merchandise and sundries (Swan)
- Daisy's Gardens - Disney merchandise and sundries (Dolphin)
- Tubbi's Buffeteria - (Open 24 hours) Food and sundries (Dolphin)