Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss "Guest-imonials" for POFQ in the Vacation Planning forums; How many of you guys have stayed at Port Orleans-French Quarter? We are about to ::squeals at top of lungs:: make our reservations for our trip this year!!!!!!!!! ::end squeal:: ...
    Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder

"Guest-imonials" for POFQ

How many of you guys have stayed at Port Orleans-French Quarter? We are about to ::squeals at top of lungs:: make our reservations for our trip this year!!!!!!!!! ::end squeal:: We were bouncing between value and moderate, but decided to go woth POFQ...those who have stayed there, what do y'all think of it?
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've stayed there a couple times and loved it. I'm from New Orleans and I guess it feels like home a little with the mardi gras theme and alligator brass band at the pool. I think the food court is OK and love to get beignets at night(even though they arent nearly as good as the ones at home). I def think its worth the $ to upgrade from value. Maybe I'm partial because of where I'm from, but its my favorite of the moderates.
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Normally we do deluxe, but we're cutting down this year...I would rather spend more days in the parks! I've had a beignet before, my friend's dad is from Louisiana, and made a home-made one, I can't wait for this trip!
    -Randy Pausch

I say it doesnt matter where you stay if you plan on being in the park most of the time
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I've stayed there, and loved it. So much so that I recommended it to my brother and his bride for their honeymoon, and they loved it too. It is so well themed and beautifully landscaped, a very peaceful retreat from the parks. Have a wonderful time on your trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks, Pat...we're looking to mkake reservations this weekend!!! ::imitates Tom Cruise and jumps on couch, err, computer chair::
    -Randy Pausch

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey, I stayed at Riverside back in 96 when it was still Dixie Landings and loved it - this year we have gone for French Quarter because we love how intimate it seems and have read so many good things. It also seems the most romantic!
    Jen xXx

does anyone know why they changed dixie landings to PO? I'm guessing because of the popularity of POFQ
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    When they were originally built they operated as two separate resorts. In 2001 they combined the operation so that the two resorts shared services and personnel. When that happened they changed the name too.

Also, this way they can create merchandise that says "Port Orleans" and sell it at both resorts, as well as use things like napkins, those refillable mugs, etc. with a single logo, which saves money.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 02-24-2006 at 08:45 AM. Reason: corrected date
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

thanks pat,
    I remember staying at dixie landings when i was younger, it was very nice as i can recall
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnac
    does anyone know why they changed dixie landings to PO? I'm guessing because of the popularity of POFQ
    Part of the reasoning was also excessive political correctness. Someone at Disney apparently felt that the word Dixie might be seen as insulting. I personally don't really get why it would be so bad but that is what one of my managers told me when I worked at Disney.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Of the moderate resorts, I think POFQ is the best. I've stayed at 3 of them. Also, it's the first stop on the bus route for the resort. (It stops about 4 more times at Riverside.) Nice, because you can find a seat in the morning when you leave and because you are the first ones off when you're done at the end of the day.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I agree about POFW being the best of the Moderates. In fact, I like it equally as much, if not better, than some of the Deluxe!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

flutter is offline Moderator
    Well, I wanted to stay at POFQ for my big bday trip in May, but it was not available with AP rate
    So, I am staying at PO Riverside
    May 11-16th