Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Getting Upgraded in Resorts in the Vacation Planning forums; I am a Premium Annual Passholder. I have got upgraded a few times. Once from the All Star Movies to Saratoga Springs. Once from Animal Kingdom to the Grand Floridian ...
    TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Getting Upgraded in Resorts

I am a Premium Annual Passholder. I have got upgraded a few times. Once from the All Star Movies to Saratoga Springs. Once from Animal Kingdom to the Grand Floridian (that was the best). Coincedently both of those times were birthdays. I have also got upgraded to better rooms in the New Orleans. But I have been there a bunch of times where I have not been upgraded. I heard from a AP holder that they upgrade people according to their "Disney Social Status" and how often you have visited the resoets Ex:1st; Vacation Club ticket holders, 2nd Florid Premium AP holders, 3rd AP holders, 4th Florida Seasonal Passholders, etc. Does anyone know if that is true? Does anyone know exactly how you get upgraded or why you do not get upgraded everytime? Do they purposely upgrade you on special occasions? Funny question? Can you ask to be upgraded or do they just do it? I have stayed at 10 of the resorts and am trying to eventually do all of them? The resorts are the highlight of the trip. I would never stay off property.
    Also, whats the deal with the Swan and Dolphin. I thought it wasn't a Disney Resort.

We are AP holders and have never been upgraded. We always go for special occassions...birthdays, anniversaries and such and always make it known, but still no upgrades.

Suppose it can't hurt to ask to be upgraded...the worst they can do is tell you "no".

The Swan and Dolphin are not officially Disney Resorts. They lease the property from Disney and hotel guests are able to participate in some of the extra perks like EMH's.

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I travel all the time with my fiance. It is just the two of us. Often we get upgraded to a room with a king. Maybe it is easy to get upgraded with just the two of us traveling. Maybe try checking in really early or late. That seems to be the times we check in when we do get upgraded.

We've been upgraded to a better room before but never to a better hotel at Disney....