Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss How's Port Orleans? in the Vacation Planning forums; My family is staying @ Port Orleans Riverside resort and I was wondering if you guys could give me a review of your experiences here AND also about faxing the ...
    fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation How's Port Orleans?

My family is staying @ Port Orleans Riverside resort and I was wondering if you guys could give me a review of your experiences here AND also about faxing the hotel with requests, what kind of requests could be made?? I know for sure we are staying in the area that allows 5 people to stay in one room, alligator bayou is it?? Please let me know
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside on my recent trip and it is One of my favorite resorts. The rooms are nice and cozy. The whole design of the place is just awsome and the have a nice resturaunt and buffet. For the 5 for a room in Alligator Bayou I dont really know because thats were I was at and I didnt see really big rooms. It could be there but I just didnt see it. I hope you enjoy your stay
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Riverside is lovely and a great resort for families. The rooms that sleep 5 I believe are all in Alligator Bayou. The "extra" bed is a trundle bed that rolls out from under one of the regular beds. It is suitable for a child.

There is a lot of great information about faxing requests to the resorts on AllEarsNet.com: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm

If you have any special requests, though, you should call back however you made your original reservation and have them add them to the reservation now. You'd have a better chance of getting them that way.

Types of requests include asking for a particular building or type of location (near an elevator or bus stop for example), floor (ground vs. upper), or special health-related requests (non-smoking building vs. room for example). Note that Disney does not guarantee that you will get your requests. You can also request connecting or adjacent rooms if you are traveling with more than one party. There is a map of PO:R in the downloads section of this site if you want to see the layout of the resort and determine if there is anything you would like to be closer to or avoid. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/download/

Have a wonderful trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I really love PO - Riverside! Last year I stayed in the Alligator Bayou and I loved those rooms. They have a lot of character and I loved walking through the woods to our place, you just have to keep track of where you are, the buildings start to all look the same when you come home from Extra Magic Hours!
    This trip with the girls, we stayed in the Plantation side of the resort and we loved that too. I didn't think the rooms had as much character, but they are lovely. I had a corner room with this seating area that was really nice!
    We did requests rooms in the plantationi side - CHECK. And rooms near each other - DOUBLE CHECK (we were connecting). But I think a lot of that has to do with the time of year and how able they are to get your requests in.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I stayed in Alligator Bayou on our trip last October. It was beautiful and very nice. Our room did have the trundle underneath the bed but there really isn't a lot of room. The landscaping was beautiful and at night fake frogs and crickets make some noise. It bothered me until I mentioned it to my DH then it bothered him so I could sleep. However, it did make the experience to hear those sounds.

Enjoy your trip---wish I were going back soon...

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I really enjoyed Riverside. I just stayed there & really enjoyed it. On an easy afternoon, you can catch a boat ride down the river to downtown disney. (It's free). It's a beautiful resort & can be nice and peaceful. I really hope you enjoy your stay there. Oh! Also, if you get a chance, drive over to the Port Orleans section of the resort & grab some beigins (i can't spell that word) for breakfast. YUM!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi, I too love this resort. The food court and pool is very nice. I think all the rooms in this resort now have a nice fridge if you want to keep some drinks in there. It is very spread out so depending on how much you like to walk, you may want to request a room near a bus stop or food court. Have fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation more!

okay a few more questions!!

For the rooms nearby bus stops, is it ever too noisy with all the traffic (not just cars but people as well). What building is this?

How would we get to the really cool waterslide?? The boat?
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I don't know the answers to those questions. You can alwasy request a room close to either the pool or the bus stations. As for how to get there, you'll have to wait till you find out where you're room will be located.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I assume the really cool waterslide you're talking about is the dragon slide in Port Orleans French Quarter. The good news: Riverside guests are allowed to swim in the pools at French Quarter. The bad news: You'll have to walk there from Riverside, but there is a path that will lead the way.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.