Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Coronado Springs in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all. Hope your all good and well, got another question for you. Im booked to stay at the Coronda Springs resort this summer but ive been reading some bad ...
    _Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder

Coronado Springs

Hi all.

Hope your all good and well, got another question for you.

Im booked to stay at the Coronda Springs resort this summer but ive been reading some bad reviews on it. Was origanally going to stay at DCBR but hubby wanted to try CS.

I know its a large hotel, so is CR. I know that there is a long (ish) walk to get to food courts, bus stops, pools etc but i dont mind walking - even after a day at the parks. I know about room standards with staying on-site before but some of the reviews i have read is making me think again. Peoples expectations are all different. People all look for different things from hotels. Been reading though that the staff is very un friendly and rude. Also read that rats have ben reported as been seen running around, something to do with work being caried out next to the hotel. People complaing about bus waits, some say 15 mins and some say 45 mins. I havnt stayed deluxe (yet !!!!) but i thought that around a 15 - 20 min wait on buses picking you up for teh parks was the norm ??

Am i panicking for nothing ?? Should i change hotel before its too late ?? Read bad reviews on CBR and PO aswell. We are taking our sons freind along so upgrading to deluxe this trip is a cant do.

Please help. Thanks for reading this thread its been a biggie.

Tink
    x
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Tink,
    Every resort has its pros and cons, Disney resorts being no exception.
    There was some construction going on last year at CS, I don't know if it has been completed yet. It was to enlarge the convention center there.

CS was originally designed to be more of a convention hotel, so it has a little bit more of a business attitude, but it is popular with tourists too. I haven't stayed there myself, so I can't say if that has any real effect on a vacation there or not.

As for the buses, at any of the resorts the service can vary, but overall it is very good. During busy times there may be a longer wait, and occasionally there are other issues to increase wait times. Generally in the morning, buses run every 15-20 minutes to the parks, and then they may run a little less frequently in the afternoons when the demand is lower. In the evenings, emptying closing parks becomes the priority, and waits can increase because there are so many people riding.

The good thing is, you're at Disney! If something isn't right, speak to the cast members!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As far as I know Coronado Springs is a moderate resort.I t's also the newest moderate resort, I think. I stayed there about three years ago, and I absolutely loved it. I went with my fiance. Personally I am surprised that it is a moderate and not a deluxe. I never had any problems there. Yes the hotel is a bit out there (across from where Blizzard Beach is) but so in Animal Kingdom. We waited the norm time for busses, I know it was not anyting longer then other resorts. The room were clean, the POOL WAS AMAZING. As far as the rats are concerned WDW is in Florida. I live in Florida and there are A LOT of critters. Over the years Florida has had a lot of development, we have been destroying and chasing them out of their homes. When they get run out of their home (due to construction, etc) they go other places. I am sure is a resort knows that there is vermon, they will take care of it. Hey, I say as long as theur not in your rooms or trying to harm you, I say who cares. I am sure if you took a vote, someone has had a bad experience at every hotel. I wonder if we could do a poll on that..lol Hey I had a horrible experience at the Contemp. last month. My advice go, If you don't like it don't go back. I am sure you we love it though.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i stayed there with my best friend on her first trip...she thought it was great, i usually stay deluxe when i go with my family...i thought it was a well kept, clean, nice hotel....i don't know that i would stay again but that's only bc i felt the food variety was limited...it mainly kept with the southwest theme, now i like that type of food but it wasn't always what i wanted to eat at every meal we ate at the hotel..but it's a disney hotel and they keep it up to disney standards....the only thing i can recommend is to ask for a room closest to the main building, saves you a walk to the food court...they have bus stops at all the different sections so you don't have to walk all the way to the main building just to catch a bus if your room is far away like ours was...so overall i think it was a nice hotel and i'm sure you won't have any problems.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've had a tour of Coroando Springs and it looked beautiful. The pool was awesome. I do have a friend that stayed there and their only complaint was that it always seemed to be the last stop for the bus. Let us know how you like it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I just stayed at Coronado this past Christmas, and I absolutely loved it! Granted, I was at the farthest point possbile from El Centro (where the food court is), but we were right by one of the 5 bus stops. The Dig Site pool was awesome (but then again, I'm partial...my screename is named after a talking stone head...) The rooms are very nice, and I recommend staying there.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks peeps

This has helped a lot !! I should stay off these hotel review sites, or check them before i book.

Def going to stick with CS, as mentioned, if i dont something i can always say to the staff and try and sort something out and also i dont have to go back.

Appreciate all the advice. Will report on hotel after my holiday. (wish it was tomorrow)

Tink
    x

When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006