Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Caribbean Beach Bus Route - HELP! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, we are planning our next trip (yay!) and sadly it will be a very quick trip. Arrive Thursday night and head back Sunday. This is what's known as the ...
    Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder

Caribbean Beach Bus Route - HELP!

Ok, we are planning our next trip (yay!) and sadly it will be a very quick trip. Arrive Thursday night and head back Sunday. This is what's known as the "emergency trip to WDW." No frills, but have to get my "fix"! We are thinking of staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort but are very concerned about the bus route. DH is a trooper and is game for getting to the parks right at opening and keeping up with me. Here is the concern: in looking at the resort map it looks like there is a potential HUGE time waster in having to make so many stops on the bus around the property. Does anyone have advice for us? Is there an area that we should request to minimize time wasted on the bus or should be choose a different resort? Thanks so much for the help!!!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We have stayed at the Carribbean Beach twice and would have made it a third time, but it was closed for refurbishment. I think our units were in the last section of the hotel both times. (I don't recall the area name because it's been a few years.) We were the last to get off, but I think we were the last stop before heading for the park. It probably takes no longer to ride the bus into the parks than it does to drive yourself...it just seems longer because you aren't in control. I think if you plan a little extra travel time to get to the park you won't feel as though you are wasting precious park time. Animal Kingdom Lodge is probably the furthest from all the parks except Animal Kingdom. (I loved staying there just the same because I had a view of the Savanah from my room.)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    If you get up early and get the earliest bus it goes quickly. In fact, much more quickly than some of the busses that have only one stop at a resort, but stop at several resorts.
    They call me "Nana"

Lissa is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks, all! We are still in excruciating debate over car - no car, so I appreciate your weighing in!!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow waiting at the end of every day!"

Follow me on Twitter @LissaRFAK

Raising Food Allergic Kids? Visit http://www.rfak.org