Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pet Accommodations at WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Other than the Kennels, has anyone heard about a resort on property where pets can stay in the rooms? I believe currently pets are only allowed to stay in the ...
    huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder

Pet Accommodations at WDW

Other than the Kennels, has anyone heard about a resort on property where pets can stay in the rooms? I believe currently pets are only allowed to stay in the Kennels, and (I think) at the Campground. I travel with my dogs (Pugs) and it would be great to have them stay with me in the hotel room rather than at the Kennel.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Shhhhhh... don't tell anyone... but I know of someone who kept their small dog (a.k.a. their "son") in their room overnight.

However, being a strict advocate of keeping in line with WDW rules and regulations, it looks like you and the pugs will be camping out on your next visit.

Unless of course, you are willing to stay off-site, where there are some "pet friendly" hotels.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks, Lou. I usually do stay off property because of the dogs, but it would be nice to stay in the heart of Disney with my "kids"..

Does anyone know if a "pet friendly" Disney hotel is in the works?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by huskybear
    Other than the Kennels, has anyone heard about a resort on property where pets can stay in the rooms? I believe currently pets are only allowed to stay in the Kennels, and (I think) at the Campground. I travel with my dogs (Pugs) and it would be great to have them stay with me in the hotel room rather than at the Kennel.
    Only animals allowed are service dogs and such. I would not try to smuggle in your dogs. I doubt that any WDW resort would ever allow animals in rooms due to the chances of accidents (yes, I know children and adults have accidents too) and having to create potty/exercise areas. Then there is the liability to owners in case a dog would bite a Mousekeeper or WDW guest.

P.S. We had dogs, cats, fish, hamsters, and guinea pigs when the children were growing up, but never took them on vacation.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 08-25-2004 at 02:18 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Since I vacation for at least one week at a time, I wouldn't try to smuggle my dogs anywhere they weren't welcomed. I actually enjoy having my dogs on vacation with me, and they like the change of scenery as well.