Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Concierge stays in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, A quick question, can someone explain concierge stays to me? How dot hey work (ie how are they arranged) and what do they really mean (ammenties perks etc?) ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Concierge stays

Hi all, A quick question, can someone explain concierge stays to me? How dot hey work (ie how are they arranged) and what do they really mean (ammenties perks etc?) Our 15th anniversary is in FEB and I'm thinking of setting one up but frankly haven;t got a clue.

Thanx!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    For my honeymoon we had a conceierge stay at the Floridian. It will most times put you in the main building of the hotel and there is food avaible at all times. As far as setting it up on the disney web site when you are booking there is a space you can check if you are intrested in conceierge stays. The price goes up but for special occasions it is def. worth doing.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Concierge rooms are usually on special floors or buildings of the deluxe resorts. They may be slightly larger than standard rooms. You get special treatment from start to finish!

I've stayed concierge at both the Beach Club and the Polynesian. Here's how it worked at the Polynesian:
    Before our trip, we were given an itinerary planner to complete, with our dining requests, shows, and any other requests. We were also contacted by an itinerary planner and emailed extensively with their staff.
    When we arrived at the security gate and gave our name, the guard called ahead that we had arrived. A special golf cart met us at the valet parking to whisk us and our luggage to the Hawaii building, which is concierge guests only. The driver took us right to our room - before checking in! - and unloaded our bags. When we had had a moment to freshen up, we went down the hall to the concierge desk. Check-in is done at the concierge desk, rather than waiting in line at the main desk. They handled everything - tickets, dining reservations, itineraries, special needs. You need your room key to enter the concierge building. There also was a welcome gift of chocolate!

Then it gets better: the lounge. It's open from early in the morning until 10 at night, with soda, juice, and other beverages, breakfast, snacks, light dinner, cordials and desserts. Enough food to skip buying breakfast for sure and often dinner, since we'd stop there after our pool/nap break for a bite before returning to the parks. Bottled water is also available, but in glass bottles, so we just refilled a couple of plastic ones each day and never had to buy the bottled water in the parks. Also, wine and cordials were available in the evenings - no additional charge.

Every night they'd dim the lights in the lounge and we could watch Wishes! across the lagoon with the music piped in, followed by the Electrical Water Pageant. And there was nightly turn-down service with the chocolates on the pillows

The concierge staff was there for all our needs - changing dining reservations was our biggest need, but also finding where I could find a certain souvenir, setting up special gifts to my parents' room on their anniversary, and just about anything else. The level of help varied by who was on and how busy they were, but they did try very hard to help. It was very nice and convenient to have somebody on hand to take care of the little things that came up, as well as to greet us with a smile and a big "Aloha" whenever we came back.

For us, it worked out great! We were traveling with a toddler, a pre-teen, and my parents, one of whom has mobility issues. We spent time back at the resort most afternoons to get out of the heat and take a rest, so being able to grab a snack and a cold drink from the lounge was wonderful. The staff went above and beyond all my expectations helping set things up for my parents and making things special for their anniversary. I asked for help ordering some flowers - which were stunning - but they also added a food basket, chocolate, balloons, and signed cards from the characters on their own!

If you think you're going to be spending most of your time out at the parks, then you probably won't get your money's worth out of concierge. But if you are going to spend some time at the resort each day, and really want to feel special, then go for it!

There is more information on concierge at all the deluxe resorts on AllEarsNet.com, too.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Goos deal! Thanx for the info. I think I'll call the nice folks at member Services and set up for February. I sound slike a really great treat for our anniversary.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.