Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Pop or All Star Music in the Vacation Planning forums; This is my 1st posting (yay!) I've seen forums with "Pop or ASMovies", my apologize if there's one like this. In short: Graduation trip, two 19 yr olds alone, on ...
    Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law

Question Pop or All Star Music

This is my 1st posting (yay!) I've seen forums with "Pop or ASMovies", my apologize if there's one like this.

In short: Graduation trip, two 19 yr olds alone, on budget, don't care about thin walls or loud toliets, going in early august, which happens to be around my b-day. So which is resort is better for "us"? And which honestly has the best bus line? (i think Pop does according to other sites' reviews) Thanks to all those who will answer.

P.S.: Is the plus Dining package worth it?
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    The Dining Package is definitley worth it.
    I like All Star Movies better, but yeah, I think Pop has the better buses, since you don't have to wait for all three hotels.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love All Star Music, it's really cute. it has it's own bus at some of the parks, but there are times when you have to get on the bus and stop at Sports before getting to music. I'm staying at Pop at the end of August for my birthday(20). Pop has it's own bus, but there always seems to be a line, so if you want a bus with a short wait I'd probably go for the All Star, unless you find you like a certain building of Pop.
    Dining plan is worth it. I'm using it for my next trip and there is no way, I'd be able to afford some of the places that I'm eating on my own.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Pop Century is the way to go. I know a lot of people rave about AS Music, Movie and Sports, but Pop is really a riot! Dedicated busses and high capacity. Don't know anything about the meal plan though
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

disneygurl213 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well first off to DWT! hehe...

I love the All Star Hotels! But Pop Century is really nice because of the whole bus thing... but whatever u do, just remeber too have fun!

The Magic still lives

Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    I love All Star Music, it's really cute. it has it's own bus at some of the parks, but there are times when you have to get on the bus and stop at Sports before getting to music. I'm staying at Pop at the end of August for my birthday(20). Pop has it's own bus, but there always seems to be a line, so if you want a bus with a short wait I'd probably go for the All Star, unless you find you like a certain building of Pop.
    Dining plan is worth it. I'm using it for my next trip and there is no way, I'd be able to afford some of the places that I'm eating on my own.
    I've stayed at ASMo twice, and I'd have to disagree with you about it being a short wait for the bus.
    At the end of the day, I've seen the line extend past the railings where it supposed to be.

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

glenpreece is offline A-Ticket holder
    Been to both and prefer Pop much more. Newer and you don't share a bus. More pools and a better food court. Plus it is closer to everything unlike the AS's tucked in the bottom corner of the park.

Im staying at POP for the first time this summer =]

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I would definitely choose Pop over ASMu. The resort is newer and in better shape, plus the buses are not as crowded.

Although I haven't done the MYW dining (because we are AP holders) I hear it's a great deal. Plus, I believe it is free for stays between mid August and the end of September if you're purchasing tickets during your stay. Make sure you ask about it when you book your room because they won't tell you about it otherwise.

Have fun!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Yeah, the dates for free dining start on August 13th and I think end on September 30th, but I might be wrong about the last date.

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

Jewel is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i'm srry but i have to say pop century b/c the atmopshere is better i'm one of those oldies fan and with the music they play its more of what type of person you are i believe i just staying there and hearing their music that they play and a great giftshop too.

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey n minnie
    Yeah, the dates for free dining start on August 13th and I think end on September 30th, but I might be wrong about the last date.
    i'm staying there the 1st week of august & then meeting up in miami with the friend's family so can't take advantage of free food. Defintely will be doing dining plan, probably stay at pop. When are you going (mickeynminnie)?
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

the week of the 14th

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    We loved our stay at the Pop, what a fun place. And the dining plan could not have been MORE worth it... we easily saved 400 dollars by using it.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Gotta go with Pop century. I am headed back for my second stay there in August. It's clean, new, and just a lot of fun, and the dining plan is sooooo worth it! even if you have to pay for it, it's still about 1/3 of what it would actually cost to eat in those restaurants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast