Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Resorts & Accomodations Discuss Would Like Some Feedback, please in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi again...... I am planning a family trip for next year (spring break) for 6 adults and one 8 year old. As of now, we have discussed staying at one ...
    Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder

Would Like Some Feedback, please

Hi again......

I am planning a family trip for next year (spring break) for 6 adults and one 8 year old. As of now, we have discussed staying at one of the following resorts:

All Star Sports Suite
    Ft Wilderness Cabin
    Port Orleans - Riverside (2 rooms)

We have stayed at PO Riverside several times in the past so I know what that resort offers. Have any of you stayed in the new suites at the All Star Sports Resort, and if so, what did you think of it? Same question for the Cabins at Ft Wilderness.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

282 Days 4 Hrs 32 Mins 14 Secs - but who's counting?
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

There are currently no suites offered at All Star Sports. As of right now the only value resort that offers suites is All Star Music. Not sure what the plans are if they get good feedback on these suites. I know that they plan to make the new (unfinished) portion of POP Century into suites if there seems to be a "need" for them. Don't know if there are plans to turn any of the All Star Movies or Sports rooms into suites...I don't find that likely to happen since those two resorts are usually fully booked.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    While I haven't stayed at All-Stars or Port Orleans. Or at least I did when it was Dixie Landings, I have stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins.

And I have to say, it is BY FAR my all-time favorite choice of accomadation.

I helped with Illuminations cruises now here's my 2 cents more lol.

The following was lovingly ripped from http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_fw.htm
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground opened in November 1971. The resort has 788 mostly shaded campsites and 407 air-conditioned Wilderness Cabins residing on more than 700 acres of lush vegetation and surrounded by pine and cypress trees. It is not unusual to see wildlife such as rabbits, deer, armadillos, ducks, geese, and pea****s roaming the grounds.
    Below are the more frequently asked questions concerning this fabulous resort.

How do I get to Fort Wilderness (FW)?

Take exit 64B from I-4 to World Drive. Follow the signs to the MK main entrance/toll booth and get in the right guest lane. Tell the attendant you are staying at FW and/or show them your reservation. They will wave you through. Following the FW signs, you will take the first right turn onto Vista Blvd. The FW resort entrance will be on the left.
    Here is Disney's color map of Fort Wilderness Campground and Resort (187K jpg image).

What are Fort Wilderness rates?
    2006 CABIN RATES VALUE
    1/1-2/15; 7/5-10/4; 11/26-12/19

REGULAR
    4/23-7/4; 10/5-11/25

PEAK
    2/16-4/22

HOLIDAY
    12/20-12/31

Wilderness Cabin $239---$279$319$349
    Rates do not include room tax. There is a $2/day per adult charge for more than two adults on campsites and $5/day per adult for more than 2 adults in a Cabin.

There is a $5/night charge for each cot.
    There is a $30/night rental fee for a tent.

What are the Fort Wilderness Cabins like?

The 407 Wilderness Cabins (WC) are about 12' x 42'. There is a wood deck outside, with a picnic table and a charcoal grill. Inside, the cabins are laid out as follows: starting at one end: bedroom with with double bed, bunk beds, a nightstand, a chest of drawers, separate vanity with wall-mounted hairdryer, closet space; full bathroom with tub/shower; hall closet; full kitchen with amenities listed below; living area with color television and a VCR, a dining table that seats six, sofa, kids table and two chairs, pull-down Murphy bed, window seats, telephone, locked cabinet (safe).

Kitchen includes:
    full-size refrigerator with icemaker
    electric stove
    microwave
    dishwasher
    1 4-cup coffee maker (with 1 filter-pack of coffee)
    1 10 cup coffee maker (stored in cupboard)
    toaster
    tea kettle
    flatware for 6: forks, salad forks, teaspoons, soups spoons, knives and steak knives
    dinnerware for 6: mugs, cereal bowls, dinner plates, dessert plates
    6 handled mason jar glasses
    1 serving spoon
    1 glass measuring cup
    1 2 qt. pitcher
    1 2 qt. casserole with lid
    1 glass baking dish
    1 oval platter
    manual can opener
    bottle opener
    cork*****
    cutting board
    bread knife
    ladle
    spatula
    1 12" skillet
    1 1 qt. saucepan with lid
    1 2 qt. saucepan with lid
    Dutch oven with lid
    metal colander
    spoon rest
    2 potholders
    2 sponges
    4 cloth dish towels
    fire extinguisher (under sink)
    packets of dishwasher soap
    liquid dish soap
    paper towels (under sink)
    trash bags (under sink)

NOT INCLUDED are salt, pepper, sugar (or sweetener), coffee, coffee filters, or small drinking glasses for the bathroom.

Bedroom Features:
    wall-mounted hair dryer
    vacuum cleaner
    iron
    ironing board
    2 extra pillows
    extra blanket

Hall Closet:
    portable crib with sheet
    broom
    dustpan
    sponge mop

The Cabins also have "enhanced wilderness theming," which includes furniture that appears to be roughhewn from branches and a log cabin-like veneer exterior. Also, all Cabins come equipped with bunk beds in the bedroom, in addition to the double bed, and therefore, will all sleep 6 persons. There are 13 Wilderness Cabins that are set up to be handicapped-accessible, all located on Loop 2800. Interior and exterior photos of the Cabins are located in the FW Photo Gallery.

Remember, Dreams Come True!

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Disneydreamer98 - I made the mistake about which All Star Resort had the suite.....

Disneyfreak91 - I had read the information on Deb's site (wdwinfo).....It was informative and I thank you for your comment about i being your choice.

A follow up question - how is the transportation to the parks from the cabins? Is it any better/worse than from other resorts? How is getting around the camp grounds? As you can see, I have more questions but will hold them for now.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Magic
    Disneydreamer98 - I made the mistake about which All Star Resort had the suite.....

Disneyfreak91 - I had read the information on Deb's site (wdwinfo).....It was informative and I thank you for your comment about i being your choice.

A follow up question - how is the transportation to the parks from the cabins? Is it any better/worse than from other resorts? How is getting around the camp grounds? As you can see, I have more questions but will hold them for now.

I have never stayed at the campgrounds but it must be about the same for the buses.
    I am not sure if you can get to the parks from the internal stops, but the internal buses (purple, orange) will be able to get you to where you will be able to
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator